1.26.2012

Rambling

I’m not very good at dealing with stress. I have anxiety and when it’s really bad, and I’m anxious for weeks and weeks, it ends up rearing its ugly head physically, as well as mentally. Mainly in the form of bad stomachaches.
Since the new year, I have had a lot of anxiety for one reason or another, and I’m finally at my boiling point. I haven’t been treating my mind or my body well – since sometimes with my anxiety, I feel like a glass(es) of wine and a dinner out is the only way to deal.

I took a yoga class yesterday and it was the first time in 4 weeks that I’ve felt truly relaxed and at peace.

I told myself in that yoga class, what I need is just a 4 day getaway at a wellness resort where I could do yoga outside, go for runs, and eat small, healthful meals. Ideally this resort would be located in Scottsdale, or somewhere warm.

Doesn't that sound lovely?

Since I can’t exactly head out to Arizona, I have to start living my life like my wellness resort is my apartment. Or my cubicle.


These are just my thoughts for today...


5 comments:

  1. hope you start to feel better! It' s so hard going through rough patches but I'm sure you'll get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up buttercup! I feel you though ~ I think many of us do. Jan 1 was a fresh start and then reality started to creep back in. I hope you're able to act upon this mini resolution you've set... it's been on my mind a lot lately too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxiety stinks! I hope you start feeling more zen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I say create a wellness escape in your apartment--devote a whole weekend to relaxation, yoga, positive vibes, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to do the same bc I have really bad anxiety too! And I use food and wine to relax!

    ReplyDelete