4.04.2013

Wedding Thursday: Checklist Check-up

 

This is the third time I've gone through this massive to-do list on the blog. I remember feeling I had so much time here and here, and now, this third time, makes me feel like I need two weeks off from regular life to focus only on wedding planning.


Set a date
Book venue
Book photographer
Book videographer
Book DJ for reception
Ask bridal party to be in wedding
Book caterer & bar
Create wedding website
       Register     
Book florist
Buy wedding dress 
Book ceremony & cocktail hour musicians
Book rentals
Take engagement pictures 
Select bridesmaid dresses
Have bridesmaids order dresses
Select and order groom & groomsmen attire
Have groomsmen order suits waiting on a few precious men, ahem, dad.
Purchase veil and accessories for dress
Book cake baker
Hire coordinator 
Buy cake knife & server
Order save the dates   
Finalize guest list    
Send save the dates
Book officiant  
Pre-marital counseling
Order guest book Open for creative guest book ideas, but leaning towards creating a book of our engagement pictures.
Hotel room blocks
Hire a calligrapher
MOB dress shopping We shopped, but not had success
Find wedding shoes
Find wedding jewelry
                Find garter   Not wearing one
Book makeup artist & hair stylist 
Menu tasting 
Take bridal portraits / hair & make up trial Not doing it. Huge mistake?
1st dress fitting Going April 19th
2nd dress fitting
Order ceremony programs 
Order place cards 
Order paper surprises
Order invitations They will be sent to the printer this week and in mailboxes across the country in 3 weeks.
Mail invitations
Book rehearsal dinner venue 
  Rehearsal Dinner music/activities
Buy Rehearsal Dinner dress
Transportation for Rehearsal Dinner
Buy bridal party gifts
Bachelorette party 
Bachelor party
Bridal showers 2 more in April, 1 in May
Purchase wedding bands
Put together picture list for photographer
Get marriage license Will do this the day before the wedding.
Order wedding favors
Order welcome goodie-bags
Book transportation from reception to hotel
Book honeymoon 
Honeymoon shopping Trying to find fun things little by little.
Gift for Groom
Rehearsal Dinner  invitations 
Gifts to parents 
Seating chart
Create itinerary for the day
Organize bridal luncheon
Music selections to band and ceremony artist
Book wedding night hotel room
Order thank you notes I am using the same thank-you notes for my showers as well. Is that typical?
 Walk down the aisle & say I do!
 
Why is it every time I do this, I add more things to the list than I cross off? 
 
I will say that some planning days are so fun.  Talking with my florist/designer, albeit for over two hours while my mom and him were in the studio together, gets me GIDDY with what he is going to do. And then, other days, when I really don't want to spend three hours typing out everyone's freaking address into another excel, have me wanting to eat a cake of macaroons.

It's getting down to the nitty gritty here and I would lie if I said I wasn't getting a wee bit anxious about the whole production, but I'm taking it day by day. I'm thankful to have my mom who is taking on 50% of the load, and my fiance who remains very calm and supportive through the mini-emergencies that keep happening. And I'm thankful that everyday we are making progress.

It's going to be a great, great, freaking fantastic day...

It's just going to be here so soon!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on marking things off your list! It's def stressful. You are BRAVE not doing a hair and makeup trial. Why did you decide not to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By now you prob know I'm obsessed with your wedding posts...eek so exciting! There are things on your check list I haven't even thought of! For the Guest Book you could buy a book with pictures from LA or closer to your hometown for guests to sign. If you do the LA book it would give your guests a chance to see where you live now. The last wedding I went to also had a 12 month calendar sitting by the guest book and guests wrote in their bdays. I thought it was pretty cute. Happy Planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've crossed a ton of your list! It's important to remember that when you have your freak out moments. This should be a very exciting time so remember that and put your focus there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I've stolen your list once and I keep meaning to do it again... only I am nervous that I don't have anything else to cross off. This is bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, you're doing great. Definitely focus on how much you HAVE accomplished, it will probably help give you the confidence you need in your ability to do the rest of what needs doing. Second, I really do think it is best to have hair/makeup trials. It might seem like a waste of time now, but you probably don't want to be unhappily surprised on the day of. Just like you didn't buy a dress without trying it on, you don't want to be wearing hair and makeup that don't look how you thought they would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you

    appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your

    web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.
















    Create Wedding Website

    ReplyDelete