4.08.2013

Weekend Report

After a fantastic weekend, I'm in need a few days filled with some major sweat sessions, green juice, and some extra sleep.

 But, it's all about balance, right?

Friday night a friend of mine was involved in a charity reading in West Hollywood. The event held about 70 people, and thanks to traffic, meant that by the time I arrived, with a girlfriend, we were stuck on the patio.

It was actually a beautiful night, and a very cool patio, so I think we ended up getting the best seats in the house. We had so much fun together acting like we were back in a college, summoned to the last row of a lecture hall. 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgYXX7rTw5hKXctvGj02WZ8XH_JCcHZ8iwr7xMxJsgZsUj5PzIMNS-1RPzHoLgE1bKFR5mI06F_JtF_j1eslhOPRaOVCBYQoOEChAMXLGBHi7xBzuG6WXtWp_Vo9eB05SQ7r9-HEK28l-E/s1600/p2.JPG

I'm not all of the other guests thought 't our snickering and giggling was all too funny, but we had a ball.

Saturday night Joel and I got to spend time with our favorite Californian's. Laura, at The Treehouse, has become a fast friend and we met thanks to this blog of mine. 

The weather has been perfect lately, and I'm trying to take as much advantage of my little patio as possible. If I could eat all of my meals out there, I probably would, but happy hour is by far the best.


Laura and Sean are foodies like us so it takes Laura and I at least six emails to determine the restaurant of the evening. This time we settled on Caulfields in Beverly Hills.

 


Caulfield's is on the 1st floor of the Thompson hotel in Beverly Hills and it has the best rooftop bar I've been to LA. The food was great and the four of us had a blast - per usual.


And don't worry, the party didn't stop on Saturday. After running errands and spring cleaning the house, Joel and I had friends over for a Sunday night dinner.

As a kid, my family hosted Sunday night dinner's every week with friends or families, and it's a tradition I want continue. It's meant to be really casual and easy and it's just a nice way to spend time with friends and cap off the weekend.

Since we were BBQ'ing, I wanted to wear a comfy - but stylin' outfit so Pintrest to the rescue.



Pretty close, right?

We grilled turkey burgers, proscuitto wrapped asparagus, and a yummy avacado, tomato and mozzerlla salad - all of which I intended to document and totally failed.
 

It was a perfect weekend and a serious reminder of how lucky I am to have made such close friends in California. 

9 comments:

  1. Okie dokie, I'm totally copying that cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Love the outfit! I definitely have that one pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower and seriously LOVE your blog!! Looks like a perfect weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekends always look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! Looks like lots of fun! Erica
    ericasrunningjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! Nothing is better than happy hour outside especially with your cute pup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you have such a fun and exciting life!! I need to... well, honestly I need to get my butt to California. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Laura!!! I know her through my boyfriend's sister! She is such a doll. She has actually spoken about you before- (all fabulous things, of course!!!) we should all get together sometime! I love your blog! -Ami Hastings

    ReplyDelete