5.24.2013

Friday Thoughts

 

I did the hair mayonnaise "treatment" - and it actually worked. I put a heaping tablespoon in my hair, let it sit under a towel for 25 minutes and then, washed it out.

 
Who knows how long it will last but I can totally feel a difference in the way my hair is shining and feeling. Give it a whirl.


Some of the honeymoon goodies that I ordered made their way and I'm in love. The top and skirt are both Loft and will make for a perfect evening honeymoon outfit. Next time I wear these goodies I'll be sipping Mai Tai's at the beach.....
I ordered a medium in the skirt - and it fit perfectly (although I'm 5'7, so I feel like it could be really long on some people).
You can't tell, but the skirt has pockets and really fun slit
The tank is a little tight around the bust but since it's all cotton it should stretch out. I can see myself getting a ton of wear out of this skirt this summer - and it was $35 bucks.

I woke up this morning, after 7 days of working out hard, not drinking wine, no carbs, and no dessert and was anxious to jump on the scale. I was hoping for some major magic - and I got nothing. I didn't even lose an ounce over the week.
 
So naturally, like the insane bride I'm turning into, I burst into tears and couldn't leave my bed for almost two hours. I know, I know, but the pressure is getting to me. I'm taking this weekend off, doing a 3-day Pressed Juicery cleanse next week, and revisiting the scale next Friday. Friggen scales.
Even though the day started off suck, I am SO happy that it's a long weekend. The weekends are the only time I get to really spend with Joel and we are soaking in together time all weekend; Hangover 3 on Friday, dance lessons Saturday, a trip to Santa Barbara on Sunday, and a BBQ Monday.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. I didn't even KNOW that we were the same height. Although on some days I could almost be 5' 8" if I stretch.

    I accidentally bought extra mayo last week for a recipe and I'm gonna have to do my hair again now. It's a good reason to not get anything else done for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the "letting things go" quote!! And two other girls that linked up also shared about doing a juice cleanse and using coconut oil for their hair!! Guess we're all wanting to be skinnnnyyyy (and stat!) and have gorgeous locks! Sign me up!! Ha!

    So glad you linked up with us.... about to catch up on your most recent posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit on you! So cute! I wish I could do long skirts, but my short legs make it impossible. haha

    Glad the mayo treatment worked out for ya! Your post yesterday reminded me I need to do one, so as I'm sitting here blogging, I have the olive oil and egg one in my hair. ;)

    Maybe the reason you're not seeing change is because you need to switch something up (if you haven't already)? Maybe allow yourself one meal of carbs or wine or dessert, in moderation of course. I splurged yesterday and had some tacos with velveeta melted cheese on them, and didn't gain a pound. But then again, I'm one of those people who believe that a splurge once a week is good for the metabolism - and soul! And so far, I haven't gained any weight because of it. ;) I'm still at my 15 pound loss of 145. Which is, I admit, frustrating since I want to be at 135, but I'm very happy to have not gained the weight I lost. Ya know? I haven't been going to Jazzercise much the past few months, but I went 2-3 times for the first time in a long while for a couple weeks straight and I noticed I'm toning out more. So while I haven't lost any weight, I look more lean and I've had a lot of people ask if I've lost weight. And I haven't. But I like how I look so much that the number doesn't matter. And for the first time in a long time, I can't believe I can say that.

    So while you MAY be frustrated, I can tell how different you look versus a few months ago. And you look great Tess. So don't let that number get to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you are just gaining a ton of muscle?! Keep us posted on the juice cleanse!

    I am super jealous y'all are taking dance classes. I made Matt practice our first dance 17 million times before our wedding, and on the day of, I messed up our dance by skipping like 4 steps. Oops! He will never let me live it down.

    Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from the link up! Love your blog! :)

    Hope you come visit and we can become friends!

    XOXO

    kenzie
    theashcraftbunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the linkup! Congrats on your wedding day being almost here! I love that skirt. I can't resist skirts and dresses with pockets. Definitely going to have to try the mayonnaise hair trick.

    ReplyDelete