3.30.2015

Weekend Report

Friday afternoon Joel's parents and brother drove up from San Diego. The weather all weekend was so summery which was a nice treat for them since March in Chicago is still pretty bleh. We grilled out Friday night, hung outside with the new bench, and watched football (losing my mind) basketball.


Saturday, Joel's brother Andrew left pretty early to get back home, but the four of us decided to go out for a hike.


The hike was hot and steep but Joel's parents did a great job. We rewarded ourselves with brunch at Coral Tree Cafe and then laid low for most of the afternoon. For dinner, we continued our burger tour with burgers and beer at Plan Check.


The burger itself was top three I've had in LA (1. Father's Office, 2 & 3 tied Umami/Plan Check). I wasn't a big fan of the fries, but they had amazing appetizers (crab dip was on points) and the best freaking dessert (doughnuts with bananas, whipped cream and ice cream), and a great beer and wine list.

We recorded the Kentucky game and stayed fiercely away from all TVs and social media throughout dinner. It was a freaking nail biter but I'm so glad Kentucky is still in. I'm really, really rooting for them to take it all the way. 

Sunday we went to church for Palm Sunday and before we knew it, it was time for them to head back home. Joel and I needed some time without the TV, so we hung on the patio for most of Sunday evening, played scattgories and listened to music to cap off the weekend.

Here's to a great new week! 




4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a burger tour! My husband has been on such a burger kick lately it's all he wants! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm going to spend the whole day thinking about hamburgers. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're savoring hamburgers for the both of us ):) Gah I would LOURVE a hamburger right now haha!

    ReplyDelete