Joel and I are big curry fans. I make a really yummy red curry, and when we order here in LA (our favorite being from Emproium Thai) we like to go with green curry - but very rarely do we try yellow curry....until this recipe came along c/o The Food Charlatan.
I found it on Pintrest and decided to try and simplify it for an easy, weeknight meal - and it worked!
What You Need:
- 6-7 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1.5 bottles of yellow curry sauce (we used these from Trader Joe's)
- half red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 large handful of basil, diced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- heavy shakes of chili powder, salt, and pepper
- diced cilantro for topping
- 2 cups of uncooked rice (the curry makes a lot and we liked having the extra rice for leftovers!)
1. Dice jalapenos, red onion, basil, ginger
2. In crock pot add chicken, add 1.5 bottles of yellow curry sauce, and 2 cups of coconut milk.
3. Add in garlic, ginger, jalapenos, red onion, basil, ginger, and seasonings
4. Cook on high for 6 hours -then pull out cooked chicken and shred if needed (and then keep on warm until you are ready to serve)
5. Serve over rice and top with cilantro