7.11.2013

Honeymoon Recap: Part II



Another great thing about our resort, was that at their Seaview Terrace lobby bar, they had local music and dancing during happy hour. 

Watching the Hawaiian sunset, drinking mai-tais, and listening to that music is seriously my new happy place. 




 Directly across the ped-mall in downtown Koloa is Josselin's Tapas Bar. This turned out to be one of our top restaurants while on the island. 

They're non-stop sangria service had nothing to do with it, I'm sure...





Joel and I love to have small plates for dinner, because you can try so many more things on the menu - and every dish we had a Josselin's was amazing - and, more live music, which I loved.
Tempura Ahi Roll

Since we were honeymooners at The Grand Hyatt, we got a few fun perks like a free bottle of champagne and a free pool cabana. We decided to upgrade the cabana so that we could be ocean side, and it was so worth it.


We smuggled in our free champagne, had a bunch of mimosa's, took naps, and watched the waves roll in for like 7 hours straight, which was blissful.



A highly recommended restaurant on the island was Beach House.


The views are insane, but since it's pretty popular, the only time we were able to get in was 6:00pm, so the sun was beating down on us hard. 








While we were drinking our wine.......  which, one side note, every time we ordered a bottle of white wine (at many different restaurants) it was never pre-chilled....which I found seriously bizarre.
 

....we experienced our first "Hawaiian Blessing" - which is when the sun is shining and it starts to pour rain. The reason it's a blessing is because it produces rainbows.

We were extra blessed.

That next day, my cousin back home in Chicago was having a very seriously surgery - and I felt like my Aunt Peggy and Papa were popping in to say hi and keep me rest assured that all was going to be okay.




The following day we were up before 6am to head to the north side of the island for a boat tour of the Napoli Coast.

This was on Joel's must-do list for our trip, and although I was initially hesitant, it was one of the coolest thing we did on our trip.


Before we left for the coast, we spotted like 40 spinner dolphins hanging out and feeding. They put on a twenty minute show for us and seriously got the party started.


The napoli coast was so beautiful and our tour guide took us into caves, waterfalls, and volcano sites. 




 Joel was in his heaven.






It was a 6 hour tour, with 3 hours of driving time, so by the time we got back to the hotel we were exhausted. We had an early dinner at the Italian Restaurant Dondero's on the property and were in bed by 9pm.






Which, was perfect.

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of these! As much as I'm counting down excitedly for my wedding, I'm SO FREAKIN PUMPED for my honeymoon! Getting away from Real Life for ten freakin days... I've never done it in my entire life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments about the rainbow have me bawling. What a blessing, indeed.

    Absolutely love all the drinking that happened on your honeymoon. I would like to do some of that drinking, in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing honeymoon! Need to add Hawaii to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tess! You looked beautiful and so happY! Glad all went well with your cousin's surgery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These recaps are making me want to go to Hawaii. I can't believe how beautiful it is there - it almost doesn't look real! Both of you look so genuinely happy in all of the pictures. Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tess this looks like the most heavenly honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the honeymoon recap! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are so adorable! Congrats on your wedding!!

    -karly

    ReplyDelete
  9. So awesome! And I'm so jealous you got to see some dolphins!

    ReplyDelete