7.25.2013

My Go-To Weeknight Salad

During the summer months any dinner that I can make that takes under 15 minutes of prep time and doesn't the oven is a win in my book.

I make this Spicy Shrimp Salad almost every week and I just can't get enough of it. 

You can add or eliminate ingredients depending on what you have, but this is my typical recipe:

1 bag chopped Romain lettuce
1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1 avocado
1 can black beans
1 can corn
 1/4 cup jalapenos
1 lime for juice
Cilantro 
Siracha
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Marinade the thawed, cooked shrimp in a baggie with siracha, cilantro, olive oil, 1/2 the lime juice, and salt, let sit for 30 minutes.  Warm the can of corn and black beans on the oven. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cut tomatoes, diced jalapenos, chopped avocado, and cheese. Add warm corn and beans, top with shrimp (and all the excess juice for dressing), and added cheese.

Enjoy!
I'm pretty sure Joel is anxious for a new salad to hit the rotation, so let me know if you have a favorite salad staple that you make a lot at your house. 

and....Congrats to Mel @ Northern Lights for winning 30 Bonnie Marcus Thank You Notes.  Mel, I'll be in touch!

If you fell in love with a design, Bonnie Marcus is offering a 30% discount code for readers for their entire collection, so shop around and enter WEDDING13 to take advantage.

4 comments: