1.28.2016

Day in the Life [with a 4 month old]

My favorite posts of my own to look back on our the "Day in the Life" posts - and I think now with a baby that will be even more so the case. When I look back at my last post when Leo was 1 month old, so much has changed in the last 3 months......and he looks so young in all of those pictures! 

This day was last Wednesday,  1/20 and Leo was just 4 days shy of four months old

---


6:30am - This whole week Leo has been up at 6:30am on the dot - which to me is perfection. Joel goes to get Leo and brings him in to our bedroom for me to feed him. Right after he is done eating we stay in bed to cuddle with Roscoe.


7:00am - Joel is sick, and I'm feeling like I might be catching something too, so we both chug an Emergen-C and I make us breakfast while Joel plays with Leo.


7:00-7:30am - Joel eats his breakfast with the baby which gives me about 20 minutes to chug my coffee and eat my breakfast before he zips off to work.

7:30-8:15am - Leo and I hang out in the living room and decide to FaceTime Coco and Aunt Bridie.

8:15am - We read a few books and then I zip Leo up in his Merlin sleep suit and put him into bed. It takes him about 12 minutes of crying before he's sleeping.


8:25am - I capitalize on his short morning nap and try to put on my make-up, do my hair, and out on some clothes. I don't have time for a shower today.

8:45am-9:10am- I try to pump during his naps if I'm home. He takes a 7oz bottle at night which takes me almost 3 pumping sessions to make, so I'm strapped to this thing a lot - but it's actually a nice chance to sit and read blogs or watch last nights RHOBH.


9:15-9:30am - Leo is still sleeping so I decide to do a 10min workout video. I'm already dressed but I took off my sweater and just did the workout in my boots......sad but true.


9:45am - Leo is up so I feed him, change him, and get him dressed for the day before we head out. We play for a bit but we have a baby class today at 11:30 and I know he'll be better if he catches a cat nap before class so we hit the road a little early to take a walk before class.



10:30-11:30 - We drive to class, take a walk to the water, and pick up a coffee before class.


11:30-12:30 - Baby class is our favorite hour of the week. It's at Books and Cookies in Santa Monica. Leo loves the instructor Harriett and the babies sing, dance, listen to stories, and then play with bubbles. It's all mom's and nannies so I try and stay a while to visit with everyone and get the most of our hour.

 

1:00pm - On our way home we stop and meet my girlfriend Dawn for a quick lunch at Huckleberry in Santa Monica. I had the best lunch - their trio salad is amazing - kale salad, beet salad, and brussels sprouts with a large chunk of homemade bread (


1:45pm - We are home and it's time for Leo to eat again. After he's done eating, we play with books and practice tummy time.


3:00pm - Leo is starting to get fussy so I strap him into the ergo for a 20 minute walk with the dog to calm him down before his nap. I called my cousin Amanda (LeeLee's God Mother) to chat while we walked.


3:30 - Nap time for Leo, and he sleeps from now until 4:45pm. I pump again, work on a blog, and do a few Amazon return slips.....


4:45pm - Leo is up again and it's time to feed. Once he's done, he hangs out in his bumbo chair and I try to get a few things done around the house and get dinner going. We still have Christmas cards up, so it's time to say goodbye to those. This is normally the time I'll pour a glass of wine, but I'm not feeling well so I'm sticking with my favorite mocktail tonight. I'm also dipping into my freezer reserves and heating up meatballs that my mom made while was here.

6:00pm - DAD's HOME! We eat dinner together at the table and trade off Leo duty.

6:30pm - Dad reads some stories and then we start the bedtime routine. (We don't always do this all together, but it was keeping Leo calm and happy, so we went with it).


6:45pm - I give Leo his bath, and it's one of our favorite times of the day. He's typically really happy and splashy and just seems to love it. Sometimes we'll facetime Coco and Papa and sometimes we'll read bath books or play with letters....but we try to stretch this happy time out for as long as we can.


7:15pm - I put on Leo's pjs, and I hand him off to Joel to feed him his last bottle on the night and put him to bed. *It takes Leo about 20 minutes to take the bottle and then 10 minutes of songs before he's put in his rock and play to go to sleep


7:30pm - I put a pot of tea on and draw a bath. I'm not feeling well at all by this point, so after the bath, I pump for 20 minutes and then crawl into bed.




And that's pretty much a wrap! 


6 comments:

  1. I always enjoy theses peeks into people's days! Sounds like you're in a great groove with Leo. I hear you on feeling attached to the pump, I pump three times per day also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT ALL HIS HAIR!!!! My eyes are bugging out, he's looking so big!

    I'm jealous of your tub. Ours... sketches me out. It's one of those ancient 80s ones with the 'jets' and I feel like they're filled with thirty years of gunk so I can't bring myself to fill it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full day! Isn't it amazing how much they change in just a few months? I am exclusively pumping, so I feel you on how long it can sometimes take. It does guarantee that you have time for blogging, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! I am two weeks in to baby #2, so I love these posts as they remind me how quickly they change. Way to go on the pumping. I know it isn't fun, but way to make it to 4 months. A lot of peeps don't/can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I'm planning a day in the life post too. I love these and they are so fun to look back on! Leo is so darn adorable. I love seeing your day and his cute little class in santa monica. I always love a good excuse to get out of the house with the baby for a bit!! Did you decide to not go back to work?? Did I totally miss that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love reading these posts. Leo is so adorable. It looks like you all had a great day. I hope that you're feeling 100% better.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete