9.19.2017

50ks, Funks, & Fall

On Saturday, Joel tackled his fourth 50k. 


And that's 31 miles for all of us non "k" speakers. After 10k, it just sounds like a lot - and it was. The race he ran was sponosored by North Face and was about 90 minutes from our house, just a little north of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. 


Joel did amazing, but the race landed on a supppper hot day in September and that was not fun for anyone. His mental strength truly amazes me and I cannot believe he walks away from these insane ultra running experiences unscathed! 

 I was so thankful to have his parents with us at the race. I was a worried mess waiting for him to cross the finish line, and Leo was totally entertained by his grandparents which made it so much easier for me! 

 

After his race, we decided to celebrate his accomplishment and his mom's birthday with lunch and ice cream in Lake Geneva, before heading home to watch a pretty intense UT football game. 



---

I've been lacking so much motivation and creative energy in all aspects of my life, and it's really been frustrating. Things I really enjoy - decorating, shopping, blogging, birthday party planning.....I'm very "blah" about all of them. I don't know if it's just a lack of energy all around, but this blog is sparse, the nursery is BEYOND sparse, Leo's birthday party is going to get thrown together....and it just is what it is.


I'm blaming pregnancy, and an active almost two year old (!!!) and really, even though I'm kind of just forcing myself to go through the motions of it all, I think that's about it good as it can get.. It's a weird little funk I'm in and have been since March. 

---

And lastly.......HELLO FALL, WHERE ARE YOU???? It's been a HOT September here, and while we had a week or so of a beautiful preview, this week has been high 80's and then end is not really in sight. I'm desperate for some cool temps around here!  

A Country Farmhouse. That would be lovely in a thatched roof cottage in the country!

2 comments:

  1. 31 miles is INSANE!!!! Major props to Joel!! A lot of that is incredibly mental! I've been in a funk too, maybe it's the season changes etc. I don't know. That mantle is amazing and I may need to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Joel, that is so awesome! I feel you on being in a funk, maybe its just a phase or something in the weather; wanting to be cooler and it still being so hot! Lately I've just been trying to find a lot of time for just me and doing little things that bring me joy each day and that's been helpful. Thinking of you love!

    ReplyDelete