9.14.2017

Random Life Ramblings

::: Thanks for everyone's suggestions on baby girls nursery. I think for the most part, it's going to end up being pretty neutral with pops of navy and blush pink, but I legit haven't done anything for it, so I guess we'll have to see what the stores are offering next month and go from there!

::: This pregnancy is flying by in such an insane way, I can't even get my head around it. Some days do feel long, no doubt, but when I start to look at our calendar, and keep ripping months off, it hits me that baby time is sooner than later. My good friend back in California had her son a week before I had Leo, and is having another baby today (!!!) so I'm very excited (and nervous) to watch how her journey goes knowing mine isn't far behind.

::: Life in Illinois has been really good to us lately. I've welcomed our busy fall schedule with open arms, and have really been having fun with all of our activities, outings, and new friend groups. It's still a slow process building new friendships like the ones I had in California, but I can see that the foundation is being laid and that has been really fun.

::: The other day as I woke up, I truly was hit by gratitude that I'm living the life I always wanted to. I'm feeling very lucky and thankful to be staying home with Leo right now, there is really nothing else I would rather be doing and my days feel full and content lately, which is a really nice feeling. 

::: Tonight I'm going to see the new Reese Witherspoon movie "Home Again", and I'm so excited. I'm going to my mom, my girlfriend, and her mom, and can't wait to have a low key girls night in the middle of the week.

::: Joel is running a 50k this weekend. He has been training all summer, so I'm excited to see him accomplish his goal, but will be relieved when it's over too. It's a long distance that makes me a little nervous, but I know he's in tip top shape and will do a great job......but it's still a lot!

::: I think we've officially decided on Leo's Halloween costume: A Fireman! He has these darling yellow boots that he has no need to wear, and there just too cute to never be worn, so I'm literally doing his entire costume around a yellow pair of rain boots. I also think having the fireman's jacket will keep him warm, and he'll get use out of some khaki overalls all year long - so it's pretty practical as well, if I do say so myself!

::: Home improvements have kind of been the bane of my existence lately.  Things that should be easy and cheap - like putting in a screen door - just simply aren't. I've had one final screen door guy come look at our patio door, and he pretty much told me there is little hope unless I want to exchange the entire door frame (which I don't). I also really wanted to put all of our main lights onto dimmers....thinking, Joel and his dad can handle that......well four hours later......Joel (and his dad, I'm sure) wanted to kill me. They were able to get one but there are still a few that would be nice that we may have to just give up on.

The list for other things (fake logs for our fireplace, organized closet systems, changing out door knobs/handles, etc. etc. etc.) just doesn't end!

::: We booked a mini babymoon for the first weekend in November and I'm so excited. We are going to spend the weekend up in Kohler, Wisconsin at the American Club. They have an amazing spa, and the hotel is so pretty in the fall/winter, so I'm really looking forward to a weekend of just relaxing, reading, and enjoying the calm before the storm!

::: I used to be religious about getting mani/pedis. In LA, before Leo, I would go every two weeks without a doubt. Sometimes I would just get a polish change which was fast and easy (and cheap, like $5 or 8 bucks), but here, it's so much more of an ordeal I've been so bad about it. In LA, they do your feet and hands at the same time, so you are in and out in 45 minutes, but I haven't found a place that operates like that here, so I basically have to find 90 minutes in my week to get it down, and that's been hard lately! I finally think I'm going to get a chance this Friday but it's been bugging me for weeks.

::: The weather here last week totally threw me, it was lovely fall like temps and now we're back to getting warm. I know that the winter will be long and that I should just enjoy this perfect weather lately, but the forecast for the next 15 days is all over +72 degrees, and I'm realllllly ready to retire summer and get fall in motion!

Ok, I have about 4 loads of laundry that is waiting for some attention. Hope you have a great Thursday! 

"It is in the littlest things of life we may find real and true joy." | Monday Words: This Littlest Things Bring Joy | the Fresh Exchange

2 comments:

  1. OMFG The American Club is bananas. My cousin got married there in 07 and it was such an exquisite experience. Have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Tess, we LOVE Kohler/Sheboygan. Ryan did his internship up there for several months and while that was several years ago we've been anxious to get back. If you want any recs I'd be happy to give you some!

    ReplyDelete