9.07.2017

Reading, Watching, Listening, Cooking

Reading: I took the last six weeks off and just never picked up my kindle. That's sort of the kind of reader I am, I go on major reading binges for weeks, and then need a little break. I'm currently half way through this book and have been enjoying it. It's a breezy, summer, light read, but relaxing.

Image result for Nancy Thayer guest cottage 

A lot of my book recommendations come from Mix'n'Match Mama....and this one is no exception. I downloaded a sample of Class Mom which didn't totally thrill me from the beginning, but I may try it one more time because I like the idea of it. 

Image result for class mom book 

Watching: The best housewives of all....RHODallas. 

Image result for real housewives of dallas

They're amazing. I'm so bored by OC, but Thank God for Dallas. I feel like they're not changed by the show yet, and I just love it.
Image result for flipping out 2017

And, I'm loving Flipping Out, LOVING Younger, and somehow finding time to keep up with Bachelor in Paradise even though I probably could be doing about 25 better things!

Listening: My newest Podcast that I'm listening to every week is called Hello Bump with Angela and Matt Lanter.

Image result for hello bump podcast 

She's a blogger, he's an actress, and the podcast is a cute week by week recap of her current pregnancy. She is just a few weeks behind me, so I find it relevant and entertaining. 

I will say, I spend a lot of my time rolling my eyes but I do keep listening. Everyone "does" pregnancy differently, and they do it a little differently than I do, but I enjoy hearing about it - and haven't missed an episode!  


Cooking:  I have been pretty much back to regular cooking around these parts, but with fall, I feel like I've been inspired to start trying a few new recipes. If I don't eat another brat or ear of corn until next summer - that will be just fine by me! We've over done a lot of our summer recipes, so in with the new! 

The two newest recipes I'm trying this week I'm really excited about. They both look super easy so I'll report back on how they go.

Slow Cooker Chicken Ceaser Sandwiches (serving with sweet potato fries) 

Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches 

and

Spicy Soba Peanut Noodles (service with an Asain Salad) 

Spicy Peanut Soba Noodle Salad - veggies, chicken, soba noodles, and a quick homemade spicy peanut sauce. salads don't get much yummier than this. gluten free. | pinchofyum.com 


Let me know what your RWL&C too! 

3 comments:

  1. Let us know about those recipes. They look good and something different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having not watched any of the previous Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons, I have somehow been convinced to watch Bachelor in Paradise this season by some coworkers. Oy haha. I definitely agree that I could be doing sooo many more productive things, but I can't look away! (Not too sure about The Bachelor choice I read about this morning though.) And if you're looking for a book recommendation (if you haven't already looked into it), I'm currently finishing up We're Never Meeting in Real Life by Samantha Irby. It's hilarious (but it's also vulgar in places so if you're not into that, I might not recommend then haha. I find it refreshing and honest though) and she's from Evanston so her Illinois references are so much funnier when you're from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.....that book is going to HAVE to be my next read. It sounds hilarious - thank you for the recommendation!


    p.s. writing this comment while catching up on BIP ;)

    ReplyDelete