9.26.2017

Birthday weekend celebrations!

On Friday, Leo's school had a field trip to a farm. When I first got the letter in the mail about the field trip, I anticipated a cool fall day, picking pumpkins and having apple cider donuts with hot coffee and just running around having a great time. 


I was not so much expecting temperatures to get up to 100 degrees, buttttt they did, and so we tried hard to make the best of it. 


Thankfully my mom came with us so I didn't totally drop down but we did decide to leave early, because it really was a hot one. 


Saturday we spent the day at home as a family - and it was needed. Joel got majorly caught up on house tasks and I stayed inside in the A/C mainly laying low. The heat seems to drain me more than anything during this pregnancy, so I just decided to relax and let it go - especially since Sunday was such a big day for us. We picked up pizzas, watched football, and snuggled our one year old one more time.....


because somehow, come Sunday, little Leo turned TWO!!!!!


I wanted the day to be spent filled with everything he loved, and honestly, it was just that. We started the morning off with a little bike ride and then made our way out onto the lake for a boat ride and swim.


If it's going to hot on your birthday at the end of September, you may as well enjoy it. 


Leo (and I!) could have stayed swimming in the lake for hours. We had so much fun being out there - it was the perfect birthday morning activity. 


After lunch, I snuck away to watch my Grandma's (who is 88, mind you) tap dance show. She does one every year and she loves for all of her family to be there - she did great and I was really glad I was there to see it. 


After the dance show, we came back to our house for a dinner with my sisters, parents, and Joel's parents. 


Leo was literally spoiled rotten and had the best night playing with new toys, getting loved on by his favorite people, and eating a HUGE slice of cake.

 


It was the perfect weekend celebrating our sweet boy!  

3 comments:

  1. He likes playing in the water! So glad y'all had a fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Leo! What a perfect family celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday weekend!! His blonde curly hair is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete