1.18.2019

Five on Friday



::: 1 ::: 

I whale always love you.

You guys. Thank you! Thank you for all of your sweet comments and notes yesterday. They honestly made my entire day (and possibly even week). From the bottom of my heart, thanks for taking the time to make me feel so good.

::: 2 :::


I'm trying to keep Leo as busy as possible this winter with some energy expelling activities - so we are doing swimming and gymnastics. He's really enjoying both actually, even though he gets a little anxious before we get there, and it is SO weird, because this is the first round of activities that he does without me. I love watching him in the group setting, listening to the coach, trying new things, and working with other kids totally without me. It makes me so proud and heartbroken all at the same time! 


Along with classes, we're trying to get to storytime at the library, school - and then, I have been taking both kids to the gym's daycare. I'm finding that keeping busy is really the only way to survive these Chicago winters. 

 



::: 3 :::


Two of my girlfriends and I have a playgroup every Thursday afternoon - and this was my week to host. I ended up doing a cheese platter, a pepper jelly dip, and a mushroom truffle pizza - all of which were amazing. We are currently obsessed with Trader Joe's sparking brut Rose, so we had a few glasses of that while our six kids (combined) played. The kids look forward to Thursday afternoons almost as much as the moms do. 


::: 4 :::

Did I mention that we are going to Mexico in a few weeks? We are heading to Punta Mita and could NOT be more excited. We are renting the condo that is right next to my parents, and my parents (and hopefully sisters) will be coming with too. My parents can't wait to show Leo and Drew their favorite place in the world, and I can't wait for a week of vacation! Pool, margaritas, sunshine.....I'm so looking forward to it. More posts to come on this - hopefully ;) 

::: 5 ::: 

UGG Women's Blayre Ii Winter Boot, Chestnut, 5 M US

Joel got these boots for me - and honestly - they are the best winter boot/shoe I've ever had in my entire life. I've gotten a ton of compliments on them, and they're exactly what I needed - a cute enough shoe to wear all day, but waterproof and boot-y enough to walk in the slush and snow.

--- 

We have a really fun weekend ahead - book club for me tonight at a neighbors (When Life Gives You Lululemons), and then I'm heading downtown with my mom and sisters for high tea! I'll stay the night in the city and then have Joel and the kids come get me on Sunday so that we can hang out with some friends and family too. 

Hope you have a great weekend as well - and if you're here in Chicago - stay warm. 

4 comments:

  1. So happy to see Friday 5 back! Also loving that tj wine... so good! You'll have to send me condo rental if it is nice I am itching to book something but kind of overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm going to have to grab that brut next time at TJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this winter is kicking my ass in a way previous Chicago winters haven't before. And for no reason. I'm sure we've had worse! Trying to not let it bog me down. I spent an hour the other morning researching cruises to the Caribbean haha. I can't wait to hear more about your trip! Agreed with the above comment—would love a condo rental recommendation. I wouldn't have even thought of renting a condo in Mexico just because the resorts are so prevalent, but it sounds awesome! Would love to hear what the pros are with a rental vs. staying at a resort. Also, it's wrong to want children just so I can go to a play group, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always do so many fun things!!! Thinking about starting MA in gymnastics too. Glad to hear Leo likes it!

    ReplyDelete