1.21.2019

Weekend Recap

Ok - this is big. It's Sunday night, I'm level 11 tired, (it is only 7:30pm, but I'm weak), I'm already in bed, and I just had Joel bring up my computer so that I could actually get a weekend recap post up before 8am tomorrow morning! Making progress over here!!

I had a fantastic weekend - and I hope you did too. 

Friday night, we had book club at my neighbors house. Luckily, I was able to walk, because that night we got like 7 inches of snow. It was the perfect night to sit inside with a bunch of girlfriends, snacks, and red wine. 

I totally goofed up on taking any pictures of our night - I was too busy chatting and bringing my wine glass to my lips - but it was a really fun time. We had read When Life Gives You Lululemons which was a fun book to discuss with a bunch of suburban moms. 

Saturday morning, my mom and I took the train into the city to meet my sisters for a belated birthday celebration for my mom. 

We started the day off at Nordstrom, and shockingly, I found an amazing bathing suit, and we couldn't help but splurge on suits for the kids too for our upcoming trip.


After a little shopping, we headed to the Peninsula for High Tea. 


The Peninsula hotel in Chicago is one of my all time favorites - and their high tea is truly delightful.

We enjoyed our tea, snacks, champagne, talked, watched the snow fall....It was lovely.

 
 



We took our buzz over to Zara for a little more shopping and then found ourselves at Mastro's for a martini in their bar (which I love). 


After a drink, we went back to my sisters for a few minutes and then headed to Coast Sushi in Bucktown for dinner. 


We had a perfect light dinner, and my mom and I headed to my cousins house before we crawled into bed at 10! It was perfect! 

Sunday morning, my sister Hannah, cousin Amanda, and my girlfriend Mary (Hiiiiii!!!), met up for a sculpt class at CorePower. We got our butts handed to us, but it's one of my all time favorite workouts and I always try to fit it in when I'm in the city.

After quick showers, we prepped for brunch at Amanda's. Joel and the kids drove into the city and my girlfriend Sara and her fam came over too.


It was perfect. The kids played, ate, hung out, and then we loaded up the car by 1:30 and were home by 2:30.



My parents took Leo to their house for a few hours so that we could get our fussy little Drew home for a nap - and then we met over there for Sunday night dinner. We had a great, healthy dinner and got everyone home, cozy in bed, early - just the way I like it! 

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic weekend! I officially have high tea noted in my brain as the gift I'll give my mom for Mother's Day. She LOVES high tea, I have no idea why I haven't thought to do it with her for Mother's Day! Sammy and I did high tea at Laduree in Paris and I felt so bad she wasn't there to experience it with us—she would have died. Ah, someone just mentioned that Sculpt class to me this weekend. (She used to go 3x a week!) I definitely want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, your weekend looks amazing! I love that you all did a tea, and that swimsuit for Drew is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete