1.23.2019

small kitchen update, big return!

When we moved to LA, this target rug was all of the rage. It's still at target here actually - and I still really like it - but for us, it had lived a long life.


It worked really well in LA, and then we brought it to Chicago, and it worked really well here too. 



I liked that it hid a lot of the kids junk, but lately it was getting just dirtier and dirtier.

I kept joking that I got shamed by our local carpet cleaners, because when I asked for a quote to get it professionally cleaned, he told me it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new one. Ha!

So, finally I did, and since Target had served us so well the first time, I decided to go back for more. If you haven't been on Target shopping for rugs lately - they have this really cool feature that you can preview the rug in your room....I loved it. I will say, in real life, the rug is much lighter, but I still really love it. The rug I bought is the Ava rug by Threshold, and I can't seem to find it online currently...

On their app: 


real life:


This rug looks and feels much richer than our older one, and is soft enough on our wood floor to not need a rug mat - which the other one needed.




I love the way the colors work with our living room and overall I'm really happy with the upgrade.

4 comments:

  1. It is so pretty! I love your floors in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your new rug! We have the same rug you used to have. If we didn’t have a steam cleaner, we absolutely wouldn’t have been able to keep it very long. I like the rug ok, but honestly it doesn’t work well with our sofa and loveseat color wise. I was just in too much of a rush to try to make our house feel less empty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. It's exactly what I wanted to get when we moved. Still trying to convince Sammy on the "pattern." *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome in there! Making a mental note to check Target next time we need a new rug!

    ReplyDelete