9.18.2014

Thoughts on Thursday: Half Marathon Training Update

Thoughts for Thursday

We are coming into the home stretch with training (the half is on October 26th), and the last few weeks have really thrown me off my game.

I was able to get a strong 6 mile run in while we were in Chicago, and from there, it went downhill. After being sick for close to two weeks, I feel like I've taken 3 large steps backwards. I snuck in a few runs here and there, but my pace is off and I am literally wiped out to the core after they're over.


Yoga and Boot Camp (Burn60 for LA locals) have been far and few between too, and this first week back at them has kicked my ass.
Running Motivation - Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince.

This is my first full week back to training, and then I've got to attempt 8 miles on Saturday, which I'm not looking forward to. Overall, I really have enjoyed the routine of the training schedule, but as the miles keep building, so does my anxiety.

I know with 100% confidence that I'll be finishing that damn half in October, so I'm trying not to let my pace or finish time creep into my worries. Just finishing is going to be a huge accomplishment for me, so I'm trying to focus on that, and not stress if I have to walk for miles.
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." -Confucius

5 comments:

  1. I'm running one in December. I feel your pain! Training is not fun when you've worked all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The finish line is all that matters! Don't kill yourself if you end up having to walk. Enjoy the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say that if you can do 10, you can do 13.1. I've run two half marathons and that is 100% true. My first, I didn't train properly, my longest training run was 9ish, and post-10 miles was brutal. My second half, my longest trainer was 11, and I nailed it. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Keep on chugging!! (this is from someone who can barely get 5 miles on a treadmill)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to do awesome. I'm so proud of you!! This is just a small set back and you will be right back on track. That quote about it being mental is so true! Jam to some great music and you will kick ass!

    ReplyDelete