12.12.2010

Snowy Sunday

Weekend Wrap Up



Friday: After work I went out with a group of friends to get dinner at drinks at Rockit in River North, Chicago. Little did I know that my friend Matt Damon would be having dinner at drinks at the same time.

And of course I did not see him. Just my luck!

My work friends and I ended up hanging out for the rest of the night and had a little too much fun. *see post below.

Saturday: The weather stunk! It was 35 degrees and pouring rain. I would have much perferred a little colder temps and some snow but God must have heard me complaining because he sure did serve me exactly that a good 24 hours later.

We ended up shopping on Michigan Ave to get all of our Christmas presents. I work on Michigan so I had a lot of fun acting like a tourist and enjoying all of the decorations and window displays. I had luck shopping and got almost all of my Christmas shopping done. I still have to get a grab-bag gift, but I think I can handle that at my lunch hour this week.

I'd love to show you what I found for my family, but since they may see this, I'll have to wait.

I did find a really nice decanter for Joel's parents at Crate & Barrel and I plan to gift it with a nice bottle of wine as well.



Saturday night we had a holiday party and I totally forgot to take any pictures. I didn't know many people at the party (Joel's work friends for the most part) but we ended up chatting with this really hilarious couple for most the night and the 4 of us sectioned off in the corner and spent the entire time laughing.

It was a different kind of party than we are used to at the ripe age of 22. It's hard to explain, but it just felt like an "older" party. I felt like it was a party more fitting for 30 year-olds. Which, to be fair, the host's boyfriend is 30. It actually doesn't bother me in the least since it's the party is more my scene than a packed bar.

I can get used to being dressed up, drinking champagne, and calling it a night before midnight.

Of course, we did end up going out to a bar with the couple we met at the party and stayed out drinking and eating until 3.


Sunday: It is a straight up blizzard right now in Chicago. If you need proof, turn on the Bears game. It's crazy! But don't fret! I've been holed up enjoying the views of the falling snow, wrapping presents, jamming out to Christmas tunes.

We're making a chili for tonight and plan to watch a movie and get into bed early.

---


I don't have to go into work tomorrow until 9 because...I was PROMOTED! So I am going to be enjoying a training schedule for the next couple weeks. Very lucky and very thankful!


I hope you had a great weekend too.

Only 13 more days until Christmas!!







4 comments:

  1. So jealous you have snow!! Thanks for the comment on the mirror, I changed it up a little, you will have to tell me what you think? Cute blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, that weather was crazy!! Hope you are staying warm!! Though I could always go for some snow as well.

    ReplyDelete