12.01.2010

Christmas time

Let me preface this post by saying I LOVE Christmas.

I love holiday traditions, Christmas music, sparkling lights outside of homes, the wintergreen smell, the desire to hang out at home with family, every stinkin thing about it.

This year, my first year as an official adult, I got to decorate my own house with my own decorations!

Our apartment can't hold too large of a tree so Joel and I found a perfect 5 footer at Target for $35 dollars.

My theme was blue and silver, and we used a few ornaments that Joel has from growing up.


Beyond that, I didn't go overboard. I wanted to, but I didn't . With small space, and a small Christmas decorating budget, I added a few simple touches that still remind us of my favorite season.



With lit candles at night, our apartment has become a cozy, winter wonderland which is just the way I like it!

3 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for, what feels like, a month! It looks great, super cute! I love the centerpiece on the island; classic yet super simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks just beautiful in that picture!

    ReplyDelete