12.31.2010

Our Christmas

Can you believe that today is the last day in 2010?

[Since I was out of town, I'm going to back track here and do a Christmas post]


After Thanksgiving, my camera hit the dust and I desperately wanted a nice, new camera for Christmas. After doing a lot of blogsearching, I found that a lot of my favorite bloggers use the Canon Rebel, so I was so happy to find a big box under the Christmas tree with my new camera inside!



Plus, I finally get to show you some pictures while NOT using an iphone! It's the gift that keeps on giving.


Christmas morning, after opening gifts with my family and making our traditional cinnamon rolls, we had my mom's side of the family over.


Christmas day is pretty casual and we spent the day eating lots of good food and playing games.
The game of the week was pictionary and it was a hit every time we played it.

We also tried to send this mini hot air balloon into the sky....and.....it......failed.


It was pretty darn funny though.

----

After Christmas, my family headed to Kohler (like the faucets) with our family friends



Kohler, Wisconsin is this quaint little town of perfection. It is the most perfect setting for Christmas time and we did it up right. Our first night there we took a horse drawn carriage through the town to look at all of the Christmas lights.

After the carriage ride we went to the "best restaurant in Kohler" called Trattoria Stephanos. And boy did it live up to its name. We had so much good food and wine, we literally had to be rolled back to the resort.


And after dinner, we pulled out Pictionary again and literally played until 1 in the morning.


The days were filled with spa services, books, toy stores, Scrabble, and enjoying the slower pace of life.




Now, it's back to reality. I feel refreshed and fulfilled after spending a lot of quality time with my family --- but....you can only take so much!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh love the Canon rebel! Glad you got one! It's amazing how much better the pictures turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect holiday!!

    ReplyDelete