12.05.2010

weekend wrap-up

December is turning out to be a really great month and this past weekend was one of the better weekends I've had in a while.

Friday night I went out to dinner with 4 of my cousins. We went to Sapore Di Napoli and it was the best restaurant in Chicago I've been to all year. The food was so, so, so good! It's a small, BYOB, Chicago style restaurant that looked out to a Christmas parade while we were there.

We ordered a margherita pizza and a white pizza that had mozzarella, mushrooms, white truffle oil and procuitto (it was the best pizza I've ever had) and of course, we had to end the meal with nutella and peppermint gelato. To Die For.

It was so much fun to catch up with my cousins. We are a close group of girlfriends and we always have a great time together.

Here's what I wore:
hudson jeans, cole haan boots, and a shirt from TJmaxx

Saturday Joel and I spent the day lounging together. We made it out around 4 to head to a wine tasting. We ended up buying a case of wine, and lugging it 10 blocks home. Big,Big, Big mistake. Very sore arms today!

After the tasting we met up with our friends Kate and Dan for Mexican. We were celebrating Katie passing her real estate licensing exam! After dinner we headed to a local bar and had a great night.

I wore this:
August Silk cashmere cardigan, Target sequin top, Citizen's jeans and
payless boots




It was a great weekend, and I'm actually not upset that today is Monday because all of our upcoming weekends until New Years are filled with holiday parties, family time, and Christmas activities! 2010 is wrapping up quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment