3.29.2011

Guest Post: Sincerely Shannon


Hello lovely readers! I am so excited to guest post today, although I’d much rather be in Spain like Tess! Let’s get to know each other!


Q: Where are you from? What do you do? Where did you go to college? Give us a little bio!

A: My name is Shannon and I write the blog “Sincerely Shannon.” I am a Furman University alum. For those of you who live up North, or just don’t know, it’s a private liberal arts college in South Carolina. It was a bit like going to school at a country club (a.k.a. not conducive to good study habits) but somehow I managed to graduate with a degree in both Studio Art and Communications Studies! I was a Young Life leader and a member of ADPi. For now home is in Greenville, SC- but my heart overseas in England where I went to high school and where my family lived for six years.  I started this blog to document my last year of college and then to keep up with all the new stuff that comes with graduating.  I am in the process of trying to find a new job, ideally something in special events/design. Stay tuned on my blog… I might be moving!



Q: What outfit of yours do you feel the absolute best in?
A: I love dressing up and in honor of the upcoming Carolina Cup I would say that I feel the absolute best in a fabulous summer dress and my Cup hat! This year Carolina Cup is the first weekend of April and I’m praying for a beautiful day like last year- is anyone planning on going? 

I’ve worn this French Connection frock the past two years and this year I have my eye on a couple dresses from ModCloth.com:
 
Q. What is your worst vice?
Candy… I have the biggest sweet tooth. My boyfriend is my enabler. He supplies me with Milk Duds, Twizzlers and Hot Tamales. Also Target. Can Target be a vice? Yes, I definitely think it can.

Q. What is your favorite U.S City and why?
Charleston, South Carolina for so many reasons!
It is absolutely beautiful- cobble stone streets, colorful historic homes with big verandas, delicious food, palmetto trees. Plus it’s where Peter and I celebrated our first Valentines Day together! It’s such a romantic city and I fall more in love with Peter when we walk around the markets, munching on pralines and relaxing by the waterfront, dreaming about owning this home on the battery: 

Q. What is on your DVR right now?
If I had one, it would be totally full! Modern Family, The Office, Grey’s Anatomy, Real Housewives of Orange County, Sister Wives, Say Yes to The Dress, DC Cupcakes, and reruns of Sex and the City and Friends. I think I maybe watch too much TV.

Here are a few of my favorite daily essentials:


 

  • My Mac book Pro laptop- I don’t know what I did before it!
  • Covergirl Lashblast Fusion- best mascara in my opinion! I get the smokey brown shade.
  • Starbucks drink of choice-an Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte. Quiet time alone at Starbucks is also an essential for me.
  •  DKNY Be Delicious is my favorite scent. It’s fresh and crisp.
  • Clinique Cream Eye Shadow- Sparkling Nude color. I’m obsessed with cream eye shadows!


While I can’t wait to hear all about Tess’ trip to Spain, I am excited to read all the other guest posts and hopefully find some new blogs to follow!

Sincerely,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment