3.31.2011

Guest Post: Life with Lindsay


Hi everyone, I’m Lindsay! While Tess is off gallivanting around Spain (jealous!!), she was kind enough to let a few fellow bloggers take over her space – she’s so great!


Q: Tell us about yourself! Where are you from? What do you do? Where did you go to college? Give us a little bio.

I still live in the same town I grew up in just south of Boston. I followed the typical path: graduate from high school, go to college, get a job. Except the get a job part didn’t happen right away. I worked at a summer program right after graduation and realized I wanted nothing to do with my major so I just kind of… floated. Right now I’m working as a receptionist and it’s definitely not where I want to be, but for right now it’s okay.
A few of my favorite things are: BLOGGING (obviously), huge handbags and sunglasses, pretty much anything related to the summer, nail polish, giraffes, chocolate, ice cream, shopping, reading by the pool, and spending time with this guy:

(My Kevo – LOVE him)

I started my blog a little over a year ago and quickly came to love it. I’ve always enjoyed writing but hadn’t done it in a really long time so I felt sort of awkward at first. Sharing my life and thoughts with random people sounded like a good idea, but as soon as I actually started my blog I was finding it hard to come up with things to write about or even a way to write that felt like “me”. I’ve since decided that I don’t need to write about anything in particular (which is evident if you read any of my posts), I just love writing.

Q: What outfit of yours do you feel the absolute best in? (work clothes? gym clothes? daily uniform? sexy black dress) Can I dare you to include a photo?

This tends to change depending on the season. Lately I’ve been sporting something along the lines of this every weekend. I love to be comfortable, but not look like I just rolled out of bed.

Q: What is your worst vice?

Probably picking at any sort of zit/mark on my face. I am constantly touching my face, which is also most likely why I have such bad skin and break out a lot. It’s a terrible habit, but I can’t help it. Tiny red spot that might turn into a pimple? I pick it and make it 10 times worse than it would have been had I just left it alone. Thank goodness for makeup (MAC Studio Fix NC25 is my saving grace) otherwise I would be screwed!

Q: What is your favorite U.S. City and why?


I haven’t done a whole lot of traveling – I’m so boring. Therefore I would have to say my favorite city is really the only one I know: BOSTON. It’s a pretty city and with Kevin living there, I’ve grown to love it (even if I still can’t seem to find my way around).

Q: What is on your DVR right now?

Believe it or not, we don’t have DVR at my house. Crazy, I know. If we did have it though, I’m pretty sure there would be episodes of Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, House Hunters, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, CSI and Law & Order SVU. I sort of like a little bit of everything.


 ---


5 [everyday] items that you can't live without.
  • Flat iron – I have frizzy/curly hair that has a mind of its own if there is even an ounce of humidity in the air. So a flat iron is key for me to make myself presentable – and BONUS (!) I just figured out how to curl my hair using it so its pretty much the greatest thing ever.
  • Mascara – My eyelashes are pretty much nonexistent so if I’m running late and only have time to put a little bit of makeup on, mascara it is. It was basically the only thing I wore in the way of makeup all throughout high school and to this day it is still my must-wear. I have yet to find a favorite though, so if you have one please let me know! I just buy what’s on sale or what looks like it will work miracles on my sparse/pathetic lashes.
  • Water bottle – This stays in my bag at all times and is probably one of the reasons why I feel the need to carry such a massive “suitcase”. I drink water 24/7 so if I realize I don’t have any water with me, I think I’m thirsty.
  •  Chapstick – Ohhh chapstick. Where do I even begin? If I don’t have it with me, I immediately feel like my lips are chapped (umm kind of just like when I don’t have any water with me) and need to put some on. True story: a few summers ago my friends and I went to the Vineyard for the day (that’s Martha’s Vineyard, for all you non-New Englanders) and as soon as we got on the ferry I realized I had left my chapstick in my friend’s car. Immediate panic ensued and the second we got off the ferry we had to make a pit stop in a grocery store so I could buy a new one. Yes, I’m that bad.
  • Phone – I hate that I have to add this to my list of “must-have items” but it’s true. I don’t even talk on the phone a lot, but I feel lost without it. Hopefully some of you feel the same way…?
Feel free to stop and say hello!
xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. Great guest post, Lindsay!! :) :)

    Have fun in Spain, Tess! xoxo

    ReplyDelete