3.28.2011

Guest Post: The Southland Life


Hi!  I’m so happy to be guest posting today for Tess!  I am super jealous that she is in SPAIN right now, while I’m stuck at work!  Can’t wait to see her pictures when she gets back!  Don’t forget to send us a postcard, Tess!  :)
So, back to business, I’m from The Southland Life.  I grew up on a farm in Madison, GA.  I went to school at UGA.  I’m a HUGE Georgia Bulldawg fan, and try to go to as many football games as possible!  My entire family went to UGA, except my husband, T, who is a diehard Auburn fan!  Can’t believe I fell for a Tiger/Eagle, whatever they are!  You will never catch me wearing orange, though!  Anyway, I’m an attorney, and I live in Savannah, GA.  T and I just got married this past August, so we are enjoying newlywed life!
 
Q: What outfit of yours do you feel the absolute best in? (work clothes? gym clothes? daily uniform? sexy black dress) Can I dare you to include a photo?
I would have to say I love a good sundress.  Of course, you can never go wrong with a good pair of jeans!   I wear a ton of black, too.
Easter 2009 – one of my favorite sundresses
Q: What is your worst vice?
Probably, worrying.  I’m a virgo, so maybe that has something to do with it?!?  I can only imagine how bad it will be once I have children – I think I worried my mother constantly!
Q: What is your favorite U.S. City and why?

This is a tough call!  There are so many fabulous places.  T and I went to Paris for our honeymoon, which was amazing.  But here in the US, I’d have to say either Athens, GA or Camden, ME!  If I were very, very rich, I’d have a house in both places.  There is no place finer in the land, than Athens on a gameday.  (Did you fellow Bulldawgs get my reference? So cheesy, I know JT and I went to Camden two years ago, while we were still dating.  I loved the quaintness of the town, the beautiful architecture, and the delicious food!
 
Camden, ME
This is in Freeport, ME – Spent lots of time and money at the LLBean Store!
\
My brother & I tailgating at a UGA game.
Q: What is on your DVR right now?
I’m sad to report we don’t have a DVR!  T is too cheap to upgrade J  But I never miss Greys, or Real Housewives.  My newest favorite show is Who Do You Think You Are on NBC!

 ---

5 [everyday] items that you can't live without out. 
A good book – I usually read a little bit each night.  It’s so nice to escape into a good book!  I just finished Water For Elephants and loved it!  Simply can’t wait to see the movie!
 
  • Netflix – Since my husband deprives me of DVR, this is a must.  And it’s a good deal!  Just saw Up in the Air with Clooney – Did anybody else think this was extremely depressing?!?
 
  • COFFEE(!) – My personal favorite brand is Cracker Barrel – I special order this stuff!  I’m addicted.
  • Blush and Lipstick – I can’t leave the house without some color.  And my mother says that everyone looks better wearing lipstick – she is RIGHT!


  •  Starburst – I have an extreme sweet tooth!  These are one of my favorite candies!
  

Thanks for reading.
Come introduce yourself at The Southland Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment