6.19.2012

Do Buffalo's actually have wings?

My Monday was spent doing all of the chores that I was supposed to tackle over the weekend. You know the drill; vet, groceries, bank, laundry, cleaning, etc....

Half-way though my heaping laundry pile, I sent Joel a picture of Roscoe laying on some of his t-shirts.


Apparently Joel didn't find the picture/situation all that funny.....but don't worry, I quickly put him in his place.


The dinner that I ended up cooking my needy (and not that funny) fiance was a huge hit. I found this recipe from my favorite website for dinner inspiration, SkinnyTaste.com, made a few modifications, and it turned out delicious.

It paired very nicely with a bottle of Hahn Cab
  • 1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
  • 1/4 cup skinny blue cheese dressing
  • 1.25 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
  • 2/3 cup grated carrots (grate in food processor) 
  • 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs I used Panko
  • 1 clove garlic, grated 
  • 1 tbsp red onion, grated
  • 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • oil spray
  • 5 slices reduced fat cheddar  I melted crumbled blue cheese on the turkey patty
  • 5 whole wheat burger buns (I used Martin's 100 calorie Potato Whole Wheat Buns)
 Servings: 5 • Size: 1 Burger • Old Points: 8 pts • Points+: 10 pts (8 pts no bun)
Calories:
358 • Fat: 15 g • Protein: 38.3 g • Carb: 22.7 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Sugar: 5.9

Directions:
In a medium bowl combine broccoli slaw and skinny blue cheese dressing. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, carrots, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Makes 5 equal patties, 5.5 oz each. Made 4 equal patties.


A very nice and summer spin on the usual turkey burger!

4 comments:

  1. Your dog is so cute i cant stand it, and you are a saint for doing the laundry and cooking for the fiance:) I do think diamonds give gals spunk;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute photo of your pup. And your dinner looks yummy. You are an excellent fiance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, love your text sparring...too funny! And your dinner looks very delish! I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That text conversation is too funny! Love that you put him in his place (in a witty way). Those burgers look delicious and I would totally try out the recipe if I wasn't vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete