6.30.2012

First Class Puppy

When I go home next Tuesday I will be taking my little puppy Roscoe along for the ride. This will be his first time flying, and my first time flying with a pet - so I thought I'd see if any of you have some advice for our little adventure.

We are flying Virgin America on a 3.5 hour flight from LA to Chicago and my girlfriend is letting us borrow her Sherpa dog carrier so that Roscoe will have a nice cozy seat for the flight. I'm planning on giving him 9mg of Benadryll (which was reccomended by the vet) and a few bones for him too but what else do you think I will need to make this a seamless trip?

Have you ever flown with your pet before? How did it go?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a pet but I'm scared for you. Eeep. I'm sure he'll hopefully wear himself out before the flight and snooze the whole way, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough one. I guess any suggestions I can offer now aren't really relevant, but I always recommend calling the airline because each individual one has their own method of doing things and they might have suggestions as well. Hope it worked out!

    ReplyDelete