10.10.2013

Jalapeno Popper Chicken LITE


  I promise this will be one of my last chicken recipes for a while. 


This is a great fall & football dish and really easy to prep and prepare. Let me know if you try it!

I used this Pintrest recipe as my base and tried to shave off as many calories as I could. Here is what I did:

 
The Goods: 
  • 5 chicken breasts (I had a lot of extra dip, so you could easily do 8 breasts)
  • 4 slices of turkey bacon, diced
  • 2 jalapenos, diced
  • ¼ cup diced onion
  • 1/2 of a packaged (8-ounce) cream cheese, **softened** VIP
  • 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • ½ cup crushed butter crackers (1/2 sleeve)
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425º F. Place chicken breasts in a small casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. I always cover my dishes with Aluminum foil for easier cleanup.

While chicken is baking, prepare jalapeno popper topping for chicken. Add bacon, jalapenos, and onions to a small skillet and fry until bacon is crispy

 

2. Add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and cheeses to mixing bowl and cream together with bacon mixture until well-combined.

 

3. Remove chicken from oven and reduce oven heat to 350º F. Spread jalapeno popper topping on top of chicken

 

4. For the cracker topping, mix together crushed crackers, cheese, and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of jalapeno popper topped chicken. Bake for another 15 minutes.


5. Serve warm and enjoy!

3 comments: