5.29.2012

sister, sister!

Two hours ago I dropped off my sisters at LAX and bid farewell after a seriously amazing weekend. I no longer have a voice, I've gained probably 6 pounds, and I need to not drink alcohol until at least Thursday - but it was worth every second. I'm absolutely exhausted and feel a little too lazy to plug in my real camera, so for now, my iphone will have to tell the story.

They got in early on Thursday morning and to my surprise, came bearing gifts.
some new yurman bling
After lunch with Joel in Beverly Hills, and having their first celeb sighting - Mitchell from Modern Family - we came back to the apartment for a little pregame before a festive Mexican dinner in downtown Westwood.


Friday was a full day spent in Venice, shopping, beaching, and taking in the crazy sights. Friday night we went to the Laugh Factory and sat front row.


Little did we know, we had a full house of celebrity comedians - with the headliner being Dane Cook. The whole night was so funny that I literally had sore cheeks on Saturday morning. 

photoshoot before the comedy club
We spent Saturday visiting Santa Monica, having pizza and wine at our house for dinner and then ventured to a sketchy BYOB karaoke joint in West LA. As janky as it was, it was a freaking blast. We had a great group of people in our private room and we sang the entire night (i.e. why I still have no voice).
Have a few drinks at The W Hotel
Sunday we were in Malibu at Paradise Cove and ended the night at a friend's BBQ where we got in trouble  by the neighbors for having too much fun during Catch Phrase...

 
By Monday we were beat and so we headed back to Santa Monica to do a little shopping and sun bathing. After some sushi we all fell into bed by 11. 

It was the first weekend I can remember where it was just three of us - sans parents. It was nice to have that much time to hang out with them....to really just enjoy spending time with each other. 

5 comments:

  1. What a jammed packed weekend! You hit all the high points of LA. I am sure they had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your family is so dang gorgeous!! You are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, i'm tired after just reading about your weekend! sounds like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun time!!!!
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a blast! The ring they brought is gorgeous, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete