5.16.2012

this week's favorites

The Cardio Barre class was a hit! It's a really fast paced class with loud, fun music and continuous movement. I was really sore afterwards, but it's the kind of class where 60 minutes actually go by with only looking at the clock 2 or 3 times.

And on the far other side of the spectrum - I'm loving this wine this week. It was one of my birthday presents from a couple that knows me well! It's really smooth and goes down very....very easily. 

They are going to kill me for using this picture, but I can't freaking wait to see my sisters. They are coming to visit LA next Thursday and I don't know if I've ever looked forward to seeing them more than I do now. I'm excited to show them my new life, introduce them to their new puppy nephew, and just enjoy spending time with them. After all that the 3 of us have been through this year, I hope we use this weekend to just enjoy our time together.

I finished 50 Shades of Grey last night. I like the way the book ended and I thought it wrapped up all of the loose ties quite nicely. This morning on pintrest I found this hilarious e-card and couldn't resist sending it off to my new book club.
 
Oh, and my mom and youngest sister just started reading the book too - which is really awkward.

Have you seen Mrs. Eastwood & Company? It's your typical crazy reality show but it's nice to watch a reality show on E! news and have it not be featuring a Kardashian. 
 

This upcoming weekend Joel and I are heading to Florida for a friends wedding and it's the first time we're going to be leaving our little pup. Luckily our friends have graciously offered to let Roscoe stay with them while we're gone, so I don't have any mommy guilt leaving him at a kennel. They have a Boston Terrier and luckily our dogs love each other, so I know Roscoe will have a great time.

I'm really hoping today is my last day in the office. For as much as I hated taking the train in Chicago to go to work, it was such a luxury. Driving an hour each way to my office is pretty annoying. Gas out here in California is almost $5.00/gal and I honestly just get bored behind the wheel. The one perk is that it is a nice time to catch up on the phone with my friends and family back in Chicago, but it's just a lot of driving. It makes me extra thankful for the 2 or 3 days a week I get to work from home. 

Hope your week is flyin' by with all good things!

3 comments:

  1. My mom wants to read Fifty Shades too! This is something I don't think I can or want to discuss with her.

    And yes our commute home is the WORST! Catching up with friends/family is by far the best way to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To my unbelievably mulberry bags wonderful mother, my awesome mulberry outlet granny, all of mulberry factory shop my hilarious aunts, my friends who are mothers and to all of my friends' fabulous moms... Happy Mother's Day. I honestly don't know Mulberry Bayswater Bags how you girls do it, because at 28 it's hard enough for me to make sure that I'm keeping MY mulberry handbags head on straight let alone be the one responsible for shaping the life alexa bag mulberry of another person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in the middle of 50 shades of gray and i am obsessed! that ecard made me laugh out loud - hysterical!!!

    ReplyDelete