12.05.2017

Bumpdate: 36 weeks

 

 
How Far Along? 36w5d

Gender: GIRL

Weight Gain: 28.5lbs

Maternity Clothes: I'm re-wearing a ton, but the finish line is officially in sight so I don't really care.

Nursery: It's about 89% there. Not too much else needs to happen. Drapes need to be hemmed, I need to find some baskets for her closet, and then a few additional items need to go up on the walls and we're going to be in business. I'm keeping it really simple for now.

This weekends big task was to get the mirror gallery wall up on the wall, and both Joel and I were both kind of dreading it. Somehow, it turned out to be much easier than we expected and the whole thing was done in just a little over an hour. I love the way it turned out.

 
 
Movement: She is getting so big, I can just feel it. She feels very sideways to me, even though at my last doctors appointment my doctor said she was head down. I love feeling her and I know I'm going to miss the feeling when she is on the other side.
 
 Symptoms: This week was actually tough. Today, I'm feeling great, but it's the first day in like 6 or 7. I picked up whatever cold Leo got, could not breath, had bad sinus pressure all over, and just felt fresh out of jokes. 

A humidifier next to my bed really helped a lot of the symptoms, and the last few nights I've slept so well. So I'm really thankful to be feeling just pregnant and not pregnant and sick. That was getting to be a bit too much.

Last night, I was watching The Santa Clause for probably the 100th time in my life, and when Joel came upstairs, it was just ending and I was a sobbing mess. Charlie was reminding me of Leo, and how fast they grow up, and blah, blah, blah. Joel found it to be very hilarious.
 
Sleep: Well it had been hell, but the last few nights have been so much better and I really think the humidifier has helped a lot too.

Joel: Got a ton of stuff done this weekend. We have the car seat installed, swing built, gallery wall up, bottles ready to go, and a few other things that I had on my to-do list. I think we both nested a bit this weekend and it started to get us in the "ok, we're ready" mode which is a nice feeling. There are still a few things, but nothing major.

 Workouts: For the last 36 weeks, I've worked out twice a week with these two girlfriends that are also expecting their second babies in 2018. It's been SO much fun to have them and we've all motivated each other the entire time. My last week at the gym was bittersweet!


Mood/Mental State: Emotional, Sad and down, but now feeling better and starting to have glimpses of true excitement and true fear!

Cravings: Coffee cake. There's a particular kind that my Papa used to bring over to our house all of the time. It's SO unhealthy for you, probably worse than a donut, but the last few months, I've grabbed them on Sundays to take to my parents while my sisters are in town and all of a sudden I'm like obsessed with them. I had to buy one this weekend and I really hope I can restrain myself from doing that again.

What I Miss: I missed Dayquil this week.

Random Things: Lots of baby prep this week - and Leo officially knows Baby is coming and probably coming soon. He has recently been very "mommy" and wants to be held a lot, and is also being realllllly clear about what is "Leo's".

It was really cute though on Sunday when we were working in the nursery, he was playing in the baby's closet and kept pointing at things "that's for baby ____", and "that's for baby____". 


Best Moment of the Week:  Feeling better, celebrating my mom's birthday this week, and getting ready to bring a baby home.

Looking Forward To: Lots of Christmas activities this week. We're really trying to fit in as much as we can so here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Whoop whoop! Can't wait to see the nursery! Leo is too too cute with his little sayings!

    ReplyDelete