12.13.2017

Bumpdate: 37 weeks

How Far Along? 37w6d

Gender: GIRL

Weight Gain: 30lbs, 27lbs at doc

Maternity Clothes: I've got a few comfortable "outfits" and I'm re-wearing them often.

Nursery: Let's call it done. There are a few things I'd like to add; a. something for the wall behind her crib and b. different baskets and storage for toys down the road - but they're not necessary for now so we are done! My mom hemmed the drapes this past weekend and the room is really, really lovely. Leo and I play in their a lot, and I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when baby sister is in there with us too. I'm hoping to share pictures in the next week or two.  
 
Movement: A ton and it's crazy when her butt and head pop up at the same time. I love laying in bed for an hour at night before I attempt sleep and just watching and feeling her move.
 Symptoms: A new symptom for this week, and for me ever (since I didn't have this with Leo) is chest and rib soreness. It almost feels bruised. My doctor said it's really normal and that I'm lucky it hit me pretty late in pregnancy because it can effect people much earlier. 

Otherwise, I'm having some mild cramping, and overall last weeks of pregnancy feelings; tired, hungry, and tired ;)
Sleep: On Friday night I literally pulled an all nighter. That sucked very hard, but otherwise this week I've slept fine I suppose.

Joel: Got his stuff packed in our hospital bag this past weekend, is starting to get his work ready for his time away from the office, and seems to be getting really excited.

 Workouts: Sad to report...none

Mood/Mental State: Surprisingly calm for the most part.

Cravings: Salads. I think I'm getting so sick of food and sweets, that my body is wanting some healthier fare - and I'm trying hard not to ignore that and get in as many salads as I can.

What I Miss:  Being able to put on shoes by myself and not being uncomfortable standing.

Random Things: Bags are packed and this is the most pregnant I've ever been since I had Leo at 37 weeks

Best Moment of the Week:  A perfect 38 week doctors appointment. Everything is looking great, growth for baby and me is right on track, heartbeat sounded good and the doctor estimates the baby to weigh 6lbs14oz when she is born (Leo was 5lb14oz).

Next week, for my 39th week, my doctors appointment is at the hospital when my doctor is going to deliver this baby (!!!!!!!!!). I cannot believe it. I'm scared, excited, anxious, and ready to be on the other side.

Looking Forward To: Having a healthy, perfect baby in my arms.

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you and your family! Love the picture of you and Leo- he is a ham! Going to be the best big brother! Cheers to almost having a big glass of cold champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you're so close!! Getting so excited for you!! It will be so special have a new baby for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I can't believe she's almost here! What a special Christmas you guys are going to have this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of you and Leo is just beyond precious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so close! I'm so excited for you all! Also, I love that picture of you and Leo. So sweet! He's going to be such a good big brother. :)

    ReplyDelete