8.15.2013

Shrimp Louie Salad


If you are an L.A. local - R+D Kitchen has the absolute best Shrimp Louie Salad in the world. Ever since I had their delicacy, I've wanted to recreate it at home.

Joel was at the grocery store for bottled water last week and came home with pre-made shrimp Louie dressing (and cannoli ice cream), because he knew I had been craving it lately - and this is what I came up with.


The Goods:
 1lb raw, peeled shrimp
4 hard boiled eggs (do this ahead of time)
1 bushel of asparagus
Chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
1 can of lump crab meat
Shrimp Louie Dressing ( I used store bought)
1. Saute your asparagus over high heat with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and let char
2. Prepare all of your veggies and group them into your serving dish, lettuce on bottom - crab meat on top.
3. Boil your shrimp when the asparagus is done. 
4. Slice asparagus and place into large serving bowl
5. Place warm shrimp on top, toss with dressing and enjoy.
 

It would pair perfectly with this white wine (extra cold), but I made this on detox Monday, so I had to stick with La Croix. 


1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious and super easy to whip together, I definitely need to try it!

    ReplyDelete