5.17.2010

what do i do now?

I am officially a college graduate. Sounds pretty exciting, except it leaves me with the question, "What do I do now?"

I graduated with an elementary education degree. It was to my knowledge that being a teacher was a safe bet. There wasn't a lot of money in it, but there were always jobs. Funny thing, that's not the case anymore. In Illinois alone, they have cut 17,000 jobs.

I have applied to over 50 districts, and it doesn't seem like its going to pan out for me.

I have a nanny job lined up for the summer, but after that....."What do I do now?"

I am living at home for the next 6 weeks with virtually nothing to do. I am the kind of person who needs structure and schedules to be productive. While some people probably think 6 weeks with nothing to do is an absolute blessing, I have found that free time is only enjoyable if you have worked for it.

I need to get to the point where I am filling each and every day with productive activities. Hopefully productive activities that make me money and get me skinny. That is the American Dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment