8.23.2012

E-List Celebs and few Other Non Connected Thoughts

-Since Joel's birthday sort of dominated this weeks posts, I forgot to tell you a hilarious story that went down last Thursday night in Beverly Hills. My bestie Sara was visiting from Chicago and Joel and I decided to take her to dinner at Villa Blanca. It's such a beautiful restaurant and the food is impressively good - so it really has earned  its way on to the short list of our favorite restaurants (LA version).

Plus, it's a likely place to see celebs, so it's a win-win for people who are visiting out. Instantly Sara spotted Duff from Ace of Cakes (who was wearing a cupcake sweatshirt), but the real shocker was our waiter.
Did you watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? If not, go on to the next bullet. If you did - our waiter was Jason. As in Pandora's Jason. As in Lisa Vanderpumps, daughter's, husband.

We weren't sure what to make of it - but he was beyond sweet and attentive, and we decided to not bring up the fact that we knew he was "the" Jason. We didn't want to let up our "cool" factor, and I honestly thought it would have embarrassed him, although we couldn't have been the first.

And he asked us if we wanted to try the "Pandora's Salad" which inwardly made me die.
 *also, after some snooping he got his Master's at Pepperdine and is listed as "manager of Villa Blanca on his Linkedin Page*

-Our engagement photo's are scheduled for Saturday, September 8th. Right now I'm focusing on my outfits and I decided to splurge on my very first DVF wrap dress. I'm still on the hunt for my casual look but I'm for a California beachy theme and have been looking for the perfect crocheted blouse that costs under $200 bucks.

-I leave for Chicago next Tuesday. I'm equal parts excited and anxious. I have jam (x3452452) packed days and all I really want to do is stay at my house in Crystal Lake, walk around the neighborhood and visit with my cousins and friends.

-Joel and I dined at Katsuya in Brentwood on Tuesday night for his birthday and we finally blown away by sushi out here. I started the night with their famous Burning Mandarin martini - and damn is it good. Literally everything we had was amazing. It's a scene-y place, so you pay scene-y prices (like $80/pp), but it's definitely going to be on my favorite rotation of spots.


-Want to be totally grossed out? My sister moved in to her sorority house down at University of Kentucky and had a total sorority girl emergency.

She stepped on a curling iron.

It's actually not quite funny because she did have to go to the ER to get it drained and  wrapped, but she's mainly bummed that she can't wear heels for a little bit. So - she will make it!

 And this week's reminder, and for those of you in the know, a powerful one for me and my family...

10 comments:

  1. First of all, I love your earrings! Second, JASON WAS YOUR WAITER?! I would have been laughing a little bit inside as well. I have to agree with you on Villa Blanca being the place to see celebs. I took my MIL there last time she came to visit and we saw Mohammad and Ken from the show. She was freaking out. It was so fun to see how excited she got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't tell me about Jason! You know that I would have been laughing out loud if I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason is a total hunk. I cannot wait to see you back home in just a couple of days, thank goodness... SO glad I made it into the blog although my foot feels awful at the moment! I'm still surviving... kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word Jason! haha I would have freaked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny that Jason was your waiter. And, that looks painful re: your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Jason was your waiter?! That is just crazy!

    Dude, I love a good celebrity sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So when i read about your sis stepping on the curling iron I reacted similar to a guy witnessing another guy being kicked in the balls....sorry to be blunt but OW! Bless her heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Katsuya was a hit, that martini looks delish! A celeb waiter, that's a new one for me. Not sure I'd know how to react, but he sure is a cutie! Too bad he's married. Good luck finding clothing for your engagement shoot, you've got time so I'm sure you'll be able to track down what you're looking for (especially in LA!). Hope Nellie feels better, that definitely looks like it hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe he was your waiter!!! I can't believe he is actually working..haha.

    Your sister's foot..oh my word..ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what sorority is your sister in? have we talked about this before? i was a theta at uk!

    ReplyDelete