7.18.2013

Beach Reads

While we were on our honeymoon, I finally had a chance to get into some new books. There is almost nothing I love more than reading an easy chick-lit book under an umbrella in some tropical location - and these books will totally take you there.

The first book I read was The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkenan. 



The story follows four mid-thirties couples to a beach vacation in Jamaica. The story has some glamorous appeal, but this book is so much more than cover - or title - leads on. I think everyone will relate with at least one of the women in the book and I found it it to be an easy, well written book.

---

I was surprised that the Devil Wears Prada sequel didn't get much buzz, but Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger came out in June and I loved it.


I read - and saw the movie - for the Devil Wears Prada, and I had I found myself very curious to see where Andie and Emily and Miranda all were. The story picks up 10 years later, with Andie and Emily as best friends - and co-workers of a bridal magazine. The book unfolds well, although it's a bit predictable. I didn't love the ending, but this was a really fun book and I would high recommend it.

Please share if you have any great beach reads that I can put on my list!

4 comments:

  1. I have heard wonderful things about Revenge Wears Prada and it is definitely next on my list! I posted about books today too- love summer reading. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've got the follow up to "devil" in my basket of things to read and glad you enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revenge Wears Prada is next in my summer pile of reading to-dos! I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you read "These Girls" by Sarah Pekkanen? I think you'll love it. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete