7.12.2013

Friday Five

1. I'm sorry, but how good looking are my parents?

 
sneak peek at my cute flower girl!
After being home for so long, and seeing my family and friends so often during the engagement process, I'm already homesick for them. The next time I plan to be in Chicago is over Thanksgiving, but I'm trying to convince my parents to meet Joel and I somewhere half way in September or October, because there is no way I will last 5 months without seeing them.


2. We had to make a few Crate and Barrel returns after deciding that I really do not need 12 everyday sets of tea cups and saucers or 20 different types of serving trays. Luckily, we now have a really big credit and the first purchase I made was for a shelf. 

      
We have a ton of huge closets in our condo, so we cleared on out in our entry way and this bad boy is going to squeeze right in. I have a tiny kitchen, so it's going to hold all of our appliances and the other 10 trays I decided to keep. 


3. I'm obsessed with Below Deck. Have you watched it? Why does Bravo always suck me in?? The blonde girl is a hilarious waste face


4.  I made it to the Social Security office and after an hour I had legally changed my name. I was very excited, but I could tell my parents were a little sad. I did decide to change my middle name to my maiden name, because I just couldn't part with it forever. Sweet.
5. After being off schedule for almost 4 weeks, this week back to work and reality took some major getting used to. I was never tired for bed and not even coffee could get me out of bed. Finally by Thursday my body started to remember what it's like to be a functioning adult, but Joel and I both felt like kids going back to school after a long, long summer.

SUMMER

3 comments:

  1. 1. Your parents ARE gorgeous. Love your mom's blue dress!

    2. I've already acquired a shelf that's going to live it's life in the 2nd bedroom holding kitchen appliances.

    3. I've missed Below Deck. Clearly I need to catch up!

    4. Yay for being Mrs. Shields!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird to change your name! And kind of sad too!! I totally get you!!

    found your blog through the link up!! super dang cute! Catching up on the rest of your posts! :)
    karly
    www.karpluswade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I would miss my maiden name until I changed it. I wished I would've made my maiden name my middle name - since I hate my middle name. Marie is SO generic. ;)

    ReplyDelete