Hot Dawg

Here in Chi-Town we are dealing with some record breaking heat!

It's only a mere 98 degrees right now, which means, even though it looks gorgeous outside, I ain't leaving my air conditioned apartment for the rest of the night.

Oh, and don't worry, tomorrow is supposed to get up to 103! 

The weather this year has just been totes craze!


I've got some updates that I just need to share!

1. Last Saturday was a BIG day! My littlest sister Nellie (the one whose surprise gift I ruined) graduated high school. My family was all there to watch her ceremony, and afterward we headed to the Country Club for a nice brunch.

2. That pretty red head I'm in the picture with above, was just offered a job here in Chicago on Monday. I'm so happy to have my bestie back in the same state! Looking forward to many lunches, happy hours, and sleepovers!


3. To give you an update on my 1st grown up physical - all the numbers are totally normal (my cholesterol a little higher than I would have liked, but still in the range) but there was still 1 snafu. 

My physical was at 10:45am on Saturday morning, and Nellie's graduation was at 12:30pm. My doctor told me the physical would take about 15 minutes, and his office is only a mile from the High School, so I figured we'd be all set. Joel waited in the waiting room when the nurse pulled me into the patient's room. She got me all weighed in, did my blood pressure, and I told her to tell my doctor that I "sort of need to see him quickly if possible, because I'm not going to miss my sisters ceremony...."

I'm all dressed up, the nurse is totally sweet, and tells me not to worry and that she'll make sure he sees me soon.

30 minutes pass.

I start to freak out. I literally had to yell for my nurse and ask her to track down the doctor stat. because I had 20 minutes before the ceremony started and I needed to get outta there.

Long story short....the nurse finally gets the doctor to renew my prescriptions and the sweet nurse begins to take my blood.

All is well, for about 10 seconds.

I instantly started sweating and my ears felt like they were going to go completely numb. I told the nurse that I felt like I was going to pass out as a my vision started to tunnel, and before I knew it, I was head down on the chair, regaining consciousness.

I started crying, worried that she could have hit the wrong vein, because. "I do not pass out!" and begging her to get my boyfriend waiting in the lobby.

They gave me some juice and after about 5 minutes told me they didn't get enough blood to test, so we'd have to do it again.

Joel stayed in the room with me and I was able to successfuly give them enough blood to get outta there and go.

Thankfully I made it to the ceremony just in time.

Ya, it was really dramatic.


3. I saw this cute guy this weekend, and just like his "aunt" Tess, has a real soft spot for chocolate.

and nice cars


  1. What a great picture of Nelli! My brother graduated from high school this weekend and it was so weird to be back where I went to HS. I bet we can both say we are very proud big sisters! Congrats to her!

  2. Yikes! Glad you survived. I hate giving blood. I almost always get fainty and light headed. Congratulations to your sister. My little sister graduates from high school Saturday. So crazy!

  3. Ugh I hate getting blood drawn. I can't say that I've ever passed out though. Glad things went well otherwise! Congrats to your sister!

    Try to stay cool! :)