5.13.2016

Five on Friday

::: 1 :::


I started reading this book in Mexico and I cannot put it down. I have about 20% left to finish, and I know I'm going to be sad when it's down. Its about a young couple who have been together for ten years and basically fall out of love....by making the mistakes we all make in marriage. They decide to take a year off with out any contact, and its about their journey alone. Like I said, I haven't finished it so I have no idea how it ends, but its really been forcing me look at my own marriage, who I am as a partner, and who Joel thinks I am. Its a good one...

::: 2 :::

Our "playroom" has been my latest house project, and I had fun pulling a few things together. We don't have tons of space to work with, so I had to get creative. I found this cute chalkboard and Marshalls, and had a decal made on Etsy to spruce it up a bit. It was a $7.00 addition, but I think it pulled the whole little corner together.


::: 3 ::: 
Leo is really starting to figure out this whole eating solids thing. We are doing a pretty solid combo of BLW and some purees, and each day, both methods, seem to get better. Both are messy, both take some time, but both seem to work for us so far. 

::: 4 ::::  

This week I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin Erin and her baby girl Carter. I even broke out my old Solly wrap to give Erin an hour with both hands - and talk about a flashback! I used to live and die by that solly wrap! 

::: 5 :::
If you follow me on snapchat (tshields622) you may have seen that I chopped my hair again. I've had it this short before, but its been a while. It's nice to have a "style", but I need to practice how to much some beachy waves into it. 


Hope you guys have a great weekend! We don't have any big plans on the books which is much needed!  
 
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/6b/14/83/6b148357e221899f63dec0f552e5af91.jpg


4 comments:

  1. Your hair is too cute! Thanks for the book recommendation! It sounds like something I would enjoy. Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up that book! I've been looking for a new one and that sounds like something I could enjoy right now. Love your new hair- you look great with that cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get my hands on that book! Um your hair looks adorbs! Way too cute! I am growing my long for the wedding :)
    XOXO
    Ami
    www.becomingthebehars.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new do!! That book sounds really good, too! You'll have to let us know how you like the ending!

    ReplyDelete