4.13.2018

Five on Friday

::: 1 :::
Would love to renovate a classic beetle. Then take it for a drive somewhere - nowhere                                                                                                                                                     More
My 30th birthday is sneaking up on me (May 8th), and currently what has me the most freaked out about turning 30? Failing the drivers test at the DMV. I'm going tomorrow and ripping the bandaid, so please send good thoughts my way that I pass! 
::: 2 :::
levis denim jacket straw tote beach bag #summerstyle #fashion
Speaking of birthdays.....I'm trying to coordinate a little birthday get together to celebrate with friends before I head out to California, and both of those occasions have me facing the reality that I need a major closet overhaul. I don't have any clothes for the summer .... last summer I was pregnant and this summer has me somewhere in between and I'm just not sure if I want to be investing in clothes for my inbetween state. BUT, with that being said, I actually don't have any clothes, so I'm really not quite sure what to do. I actually hate shopping, but also hate walking into my closet every morning so that's where I'm at.
::: 3 :::
 
This is turning into a stream of consciousness, and not to be the ultimate consumer, but my kids are in need of a summer wardrobe as well. I'm not really sure what I will like having Drew in, but I know I need to stock up on some shorts, tee's, and workout-y clothes for Leo. He lived in his Keen's last year, so I recently bought him the same pair in a bigger size.  I also keep hearing about these zip-front rash guards (swimzip.com) for toddlers, so I think we are going to try one out for both kids this summer and see if we like it - seems to make a ton of sense to me! 

Little Boy Long-Sleeve Rash Guard Set with UPF 50+ UV Sun Protection - Hampton Get Away (Red)Little Boy Long-Sleeve Rash Guard Set with UPF 50+ UV Sun Protection - Hampton Get Away (Red)Little Boy Long-Sleeve Rash Guard Set with UPF 50+ UV Sun Protection - Hampton Get Away (Red)Image result for zip up rash guard toddler boy zip
::: 4 :::
 Kelley Nan: Front Porch Throughout the Seasons and Why Ferns in Urns are the Way to Go
This weekend marks the beginning of some Spring cleaning and updating Joel and I are doing. On our list; adding a screen door for our patio (which is insanely expensive), staining the deck, adding some landscaping and some spot lights to existing trees on the property, and buying a new loveseat, table and rug for our patio. All of the above won't happen this weekend, but I'm excited to spruce up the outside a bit and start using it soon!

::: 5 :::
I'm sure I've discussed this before, but do you use Chatbooks? I'm pretty obsessed. I print a book quarterly, and it's been my favorite way to store all of the pictures I take. I keep an album on my phone of the season (so currently, "spring"), and add pictures to that album as I go that I know I want included in the book. I normally have about 80/90 pictures and with that and the upgraded hardcover, it normally costs me around $30 dollars a book. I'm loving the little collection we've started, and now all of my family members look forward to each seasons book. 

✨✨
This weekend will be pretty low key. Even though the Spring weather has been hit or miss, we're going to start some spring cleaning and organizing and crossing off items on the never ending to-do list.

5 comments:

  1. We need to do some sprucing up outside too. It's exciting that it's warming is finally! I say you go buy a few things that you love and make you feel good! Best of luck with the DMV test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm itching to get our yard cleaned up, but am also literally itching from the pollen kicking my allergies into overdrive! It's supposed to rain this weekend, so hopefully after that the pollen will be a little more under control.

    As for summer clothes- GIRL. Go get you some clothes. Regardless of whether your size Even if it's just a pair of shorts, a few shirts, and a dress or two, it will make your life SO much easier than dreading every single day of getting ready and feeling crappy because nothing fits right.

    A tip for Drew's summer stuff, I LOVED these little dress/romper combos that Carters has. It looks like a dress, but has a onesie type situation underneath, so it's super easy for diaper changes, etc. Also if she'll be in a swimsuit, 2-pieces are the way to go for the same ease in changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring cleaning! My girlfriend at work turns 30 on May 8th too! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That unknown comment above was from me before I logged in. Oops!

    I highly recommend Swim Zip. I will never go back to ones without zippers! They hold up so well and are just so much easier to get on and off, especially when wet. My last nanny kiddo had the short sleeve ones in 3 or 4 colors. I ordered a size up and they lasted 3 summers (possibly a 4th summer this year, I saw a photo of him wearing one in January :) I also prefer solid color tops to go with patterned swim trunks ;)

    ReplyDelete