4.19.2018

Weekly Menu....and dinner thoughts.




I'm fresh outta jokes around here. The weather the last few (like 6, 16, 66,....I don't even know at this point) has been the worst of the year for me! I can handle winter in October/Nov/DecJan/Feb and even March....but April!!!! I just hope that this spring never repeats itself! 

In other news, I some how got myself to cook most of the week - even though multiple nights I really wanted to just throw in the towel and call the nearest delivery option!

I've shared most of these dinners, but in case you're in need of some fresh ideas for your rotation, I thought I'd share what we've been eating around here. 


 Letterfolkco


Sunday: We did tacos on Saturday, and used the leftovers for Taco Salad



Monday: Kale Chicken Ceaser Salad with homemade Ceaser dressing



Tuesday: Turkey Burgers (I only used the bottom bun) and Sweet Potato Fries

 

I got smart and started buying pre-made sweet potato fries. I've been buying these, and while I don't love all of the extra ingredients - they have honestly been such a time saver that I'm sticking with them for a little while. 

Image result for alexa sweet potato fries 

Wednesday: Spicy Soba Noodles *I add shredded chicken and for the veggies use a pre-bagged slaw with a pre-bagged Asian Salad

            


Thursday: I'm making these Designer Bags & Dirty Diapers Black Bean Enchiladas ... one of Joel's favorites.

Image result for designer bags red enchiladas


I'm still going strong with Jewel (our local grocery store) delivery. I would give it an A- overall.....only missing points because once a week they don't have exactly what I want (the particular type of Greek yogurt, or the wrong size of the Veggie Sticks I'd like), but to be honest, the pros FAR outweigh the cons so I'm sticking with it for the foreseeable future.

A few friends have asked if I'm spending the same amount, and I think it's been pretty consistent with what I was spending in the store - which is about $150/week....on just groceries (more is spent at Target, Costco, Trader Joe's, and the Liquor store on any given week...unfortunately!)  AND - we typically order in one dinner a week and go out to a lunch or a dinner 1x/week as well.
AND

I give myself major props for getting somewhat healthy dinners on the table most nights of the week. It's something that I enjoy doing and it's a service (honestly) that I like to provide to my family as well. But, it's something that I've also gotten pretty good at.

I can now churn out really good dinners pretty easily, and most of the time I have about 80% of the dinner or the prep work done by lunch time. I think that has been the key for me actually enjoying
+oking dinner because it hasn't turned into a complete chore at the worst time of day.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your meal planning down to an art! I've finally started to get a little better at it, but I love seeing what others are doing because I seem to get stuck in menu ruts! I hope spring comes your way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I have been trying to do more prep on Sunday if possible like making a freezer meal, or a soup to help get the week off to a better start. But by Wednesday most weeks, I am considering cereal as a fine dinner option! Ha.

    ReplyDelete