4.13.2012

Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, it's off to work we go!.


On February 16th I left my job in Chicago after giving them very short notice that Joel and I were moving to California. Today, I'm going into my new office in Los Angeles and I'm meeting my brand new team of co-workers. Then, on Monday, April 16th - exactly 2 months later - I'm going back to reality and starting a full time job.

The past two months have been the most life changing period of time I've ever experienced. We're talking.....major changes:
  • I packed up my first grown up apartment in Chicago and watched my boxes load a moving truck
  • I tried to help out my aunt who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
  • I said goodbye to all of my friends and family in Chicago and moved out to California with Joel
  • My mom came with me to CA for a few days to help set up our new apartment
  • I shipped my car cross country
  • Joel started a new job out here
  • 7 days after moving to California, my aunt died
  • I learned how to plan a wake, funereal, and the true touch my aunt had on thousands of people.
  • I interviewed for nanny jobs, assistant jobs, and sales jobs in California
  • We bought a dog
  • I was offered a new corporate job - something I thought I was leaving behind for good.
  • I celebrated my 5 year anniversary
And I'm sure I'm leaving minor things out but you get the picture. In the last two months, all of these things have changed my beliefs....my attitude...my gratitude....my perspective....my spirituality....my understanding.....my everything. I've learned a lot of valuable lessons in this short time frame and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it all.

I'm looking forward to getting used to my new "normal". Ready to wake up in the morning with a strong sense of purpose, value, and schedule. While I enjoyed the last 3 weeks living in California mastering my role as HouseGirlfriend, it's getting boring and expensive.

And, it's due time to go back to the real world, bring in a paycheck, and start conquering California - just like I promised Aunt Peggy I would.

5 comments:

  1. Girl, your life has been EVENTFUL. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding! That is a lot of change but sounds like you're going about it the right way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about major life changes - you've definitely been through a lot these past few months! Have fun today meeting all of your new coworkers! :)

    ReplyDelete