4.30.2012

Ikea Wins


Saturday morning all by my lonesome I took the drive to Ikea. While we had made the desk purchase, we needed a place to put all our stuff.  So, to Ikea I went. I spent two glorious hours browsing all of my options.
I finally settled in on this $50.00 Billy bookshelf since the color, size, and price were all in line.

 

To Joel's surprise, it wasn't too tough to build, which earned mega points for me

 
I picked up the faux potted plant for a few dollars and some rose potpourri to keep the room smelling a little less like Roscoe. 

And, this twenty dollar lamp from Target is also a new crush.
 

I am so happy with this room, and while there is still a need for something on the wall behind the bed - I feel content with it for now.

My other Ikea splurge - at $14.99 - was this chalkboard for my kitchen. I had been wanting something chalkboardy for the room, and I couldn't have even dreamed up a more perfect piece.

I think I need to find a new home for all of our invitations and announcements
I'm making a lot of progress on our house needs to-do list!

And, kind of random, but check out my mini herb garden! These little puppies are growing at record speed and hopefully this summer I'll make a few more additions. It's really fun to cook with food that you watched grow from your patio. I'm actually looking for dishes to use basil in, since we've got so freaking much.


And, last but not least...
My sister Hannah turns 22 today!
I couldn't be more proud to call her my sister, and I can't wait to see where this next year takes her. Happy birthday Hannie, I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Love the clean and simple look in your room. That shelf is so sleek and I love how you filled the shelves. Basil is an awesome dose of garden freshness to any meal!! I add basil to everything I cook pretty much, even if it doesn't call for it ;)

    ReplyDelete