8.11.2014

Weekend Report

Since we started our weekend on Thursday, by the time Sunday came around, I slept in until 10, took a nap at 2, and then went to bed at 9. It all caught up with me, but it sure was worth it.
 
On Thursday, we met up with friends in Santa Monica for a beach concert at the pier.

Every Thursday night Santa Monica beach hosts a concert, and you can bring a picnic, lunch, and concealed alcohol. 
  

Even though we are only 3 miles from the beach, we rarely take advantage of it, so the best part of the evening for me was just to be on the sand, watching the sunset, and taking in the hilarious crowd that had joined us.
 

 

I wasn't a huge fan of the band that played on the Thursday that we went, but it was such a fun way to spend the night. Plus, we borrowed Heather's idea and played about 100 hilarious rounds of shag, marry, kill.


For the rest of the weekend, I seriously sucked at taking out my phone for pictures - and sometimes my most fun weekends end up that way.

Friday night I met Joel at his office for a happy hour, and then went to sushi with our friend Matt and hung at our house catching up way later than we should.

Saturday, I ran two miles and then took in an hour of hot yoga, so a large latte was in order.


Saturday afternoon we drove up to Tarzana to have a pool day and BBQ at our friend Kristin's parents home.

They have an absolutely stunning backyard, and we drank wine, hung out in the pool, grilled out, and played with some of the cutest babies and kids ever.

Literally the only pictures I got of our lovely Saturday were the selfies I taught her cousin how to do. 



And now, all of a sudden, it's Monday. 

And since I was beyond useless on Sunday, so it's due to be a busy one. 

Be flexible

4 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend!! The concert at the pier sounds like so much fun and your workout on Saturday totally puts me to shame...now I need to get to the gym today!! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard how awesome those santa monica concerts are! definitely on our to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome weekend! Usually the ones with the least pictures are. The Santa Monica beach concerts sound great

    ReplyDelete