11.08.2017

Halloween Recap

For two weeks leading up to Halloween, we got Leo used to the idea that he would be dressing up as a fireman and get to ride around in his firetruck too. He would tell anyone that asked and was seriously so excited for the entire holiday.

Joel had to travel for work the week of Halloween, so we had our first Halloween celebration the Saturday before at "Truck or Treat" event at our Main Beach here in town.

It was COLD. I loved it, but as we went to take pictures outside on the front stoop, actual snow started to fall from the sky.


A perfect first Halloween in Chicago if you ask me.

 

The event was so cute.....all of the local police and fire stations were there, tractors, snow plows, and other trucks that kids could explore and trick or treat from. And it was nice that they did it on a Saturday so parents who do work during the week or have to travel could partake in some fun too. 


We were able to last almost 45 minutes at the event which I was impressed with, and then we took Leo out to lunch with CocoPop and the kid put away basically an entire box of mac and cheese.


On actual Halloween, my mom was thankfully able and willing to come trick or treat with us while my in-laws manned the house while we were gone from about 3:30pm-5:30pm.

 


I have a feeling Leo's favorite part was riding around in the firetruck, because again, it was really, really cold (the coldest Halloween in something like twenty years).


After we walked our neighborhood, we drove to a few friends houses in my mom's neighborhood, and then stopped by to see my dad who was manning their new house for trick or treaters too.
 

My mom dropped Leo and I off back at my house and him and I had dinner with my in-laws, while they stuck around with me until Halloween hours were about over. I was thankful they did because some teenagers costumes were legit scary! I would not have loved being home alone all night answering the door.


Even though Joel wasn't home - our first Halloween in Chicago was a perfect success...and being able to share those little holidays with both sets of grandparents is exactly why we moved back here.

3 comments:

  1. Leo is adorable! I love how you are so close with both your families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fireman is precious! Such a fun celebration yall had! Snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love Leo's costume and that you were able to share with all of your family.

    ReplyDelete