11.29.2017

Bumpdate: 35 weeks



 
How Far Along? 35w6d

Gender: GIRL

Weight Gain: 26lbs

Maternity Clothes: Whatever is comfortable - which is leggings.

Nursery:  It's starting to come together. Joel added one additional shelf in her walk in closet, which allowed me to get all of her clothes hung and off the floor. I need some baskets for bows, shoes, bibs, etc. but then her closet it pretty much set. This weekend we are going to hang her new drape rod (this nursery's never ending saga), attempt to hang like 10 gold mirrors, and start putting out the swing/rock and plays/installing car seats, etc.

Movement: Lots and lots. I've tried to capture a good video and I just can't seem to which bugs me but she is a mover and a shaker pretty much 20 hours a day.
 
 Symptoms: Hanging in there but I know these last 3 weeks are going to be tough. Heartburn is pretty much showing up everyday, I'm moving slow and I'm tired all the time, I don't like bending to put on shoes, holding Leo for too long is becoming tough, and I'm super emotional and hormonal.
 
Sleep: I fall asleep quickly but I'm up (for good) by 3am almost every night. I've tried what my doctor has recommended.....unisom, baths before bed, cutting water by 7pm, exercise, body pillows, sound machines, sleep masks, essential oils, etc. etc. etc. and for the most part, it just is what it is.

Joel: officially has a really pregnant wife and all of the lovely parts that come along with that. After being so tired after a really packed weekend, Sunday morning I was up at 3am and fell asleep in our chair in our bedroom at like 9:30am. He decided to take Leo to Menards with him and just let me sleep. When they came home, he had brought me home a latte which was so sweet, and I just sat in the living room a balled my eyes out.

 Workouts: No workouts at the gym which was sad and no turkey trot. Leo has been working through a pretty gross cough and so I didn't want to take him in the cold before our long day. I ended up doing an almost 3 mile walk with my dad the morning of Thanksgiving, and it was tough but I was so glad I did it. We also snuck in 2 other walks this past week, but for the most part Leo and I are walking about a mile to my parents house and that's about it.  This is my last week at the gym, so I'm going to get in yoga and kickboxing for one final week and then I'm putting my membership on maternity leave.

Mood/Mental State: Emotional

Cravings: Not much actually, but I'm getting pretty hungry pretty regularly at this point. 

What I Miss: cold Champagne! I honestly think I made like 6 La Croix mocktails on Thanksgiving just to keep a champagne glass in my hand!

Random Things: Just trying to focus on my blessings this week because there is SO much to be thankful for despite the uncomfortable that I'm experiencing. I am so thankful to live so close to family this pregnancy, it takes an ENORMOUS amount of pressure off of me since I know Leo and Roscoe will be so well taken care of and would be taken care of at a moments notice by both my parents and Joel's. I am so thankful to have had such a healthy pregnancy, be growing a healthy baby, AND enjoy these last 9 months at home with Leo. Our relationship is going to change, our whole family is, but having him as my constant buddy and being able to have so much 1 on 1 time has been a huge gift to us both.

Best Moment of the Week:  A great Thanksgiving, tons of time with my sisters who Leo just adores, seeing family and cousins, and coming home to a festive house and lit up Christmas tree.

Looking Forward To: We have a few Christmas activities starting this week which thrills me! Plus, I'm really excited to see the finishing touches go up in the nursery!

2 comments:

  1. Home stretch!!!! And you still look great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you're so close to family; that has to be a huge peace of mind. The last few weeks are never easy, but you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete