5.17.2018

Easy Weeknight Salads

aka #losethebabyweight

Either way, I'm trying hard to keep as many carb-free meals in our lives as I possibly can.

I can see the scale budge in the right direction when I keep salads on the menu so in an effort to not hate life, I'm trying to find really yummy recipes and keep it interesting. These two fit the bill for easy, delicious and carb free so I thought I'd share.

Salmon Kale Ceaser

 

Not going to lie - for as much cooking as I do - I had to google "how to cook salmon". I used this recipe to bake it and seasoned it with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and The Spice House's lemon pepper blend.



The base of the salad is:
  • kale
  • chopped romaine
  • chopped pecans
  • shredded Parmesan
  • cherry tomatoes
  • avocado
  • hard boiled egg
For the dressing, I make my own and don't follow any recipe but like it to be pretty mustard heavy. My concoction includes:  Dijon mustard, mayo, balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper.


Greek Chicken Salad



I often make these as pitas, but they are equally - if not better- as salads.

The Salad Goods include:
  • Arugula
  • Cherry Tomato
  • Diced Cucumber
  • Feta Cheese
  • Chopped Pecans
  • Avocado
  • Boiled Egg
  • Shredded Carrots
  • Kalamata Olives
  • 1/2 Green Pepper (optional) 
I bake chicken breast similar to the salmon - olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a Spice House blend and then top the salads and toss with this yummy dressing.

Briannas Home Style Real French Vinaigrette Dressing - 12oz - image 1 of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment