5.21.2018

Weekend Recap

Per usual, we packed a ton into a short weekend, but it was fun from start to finish. 


Friday was Leo's last official day of school - I cannot believe how much bigger and more grown up he looks in just 9 months. 


After school, we headed over to my moms to sit outside and just relax. It was a beautiful day, I enjoyed a cup of coffee outside, Drew fell asleep on my mom, Leo couldn't have been more entertained - it was just blissful.

 


After naps, I bathed the babies and then quickly ran out of the house as soon as Joel walked in.


My "mommy group" sees each other almost every single week - sometimes more - but we always have a ton of kids and never seem to complete conversations, so to go out to dinner with these girls - have zero inturrptions and wine was such a treat. We literally could have sat and talked for the entire night .... and of course we failed to take any pictures. 

Saturday morning started a little slow, but after coffee in bed, I took the kids for a walk so Joel could mulch a bit.


We then switched spots and I headed to Orange Theory with my cousins for a workout.


I really like orange theory - it's a great (and fun) workout, but it's expensive. It's something I plan to drop in to once or twice a month, but that's probably it. 

I ran a few errands while I was out, and after I got home and showered, Joel and I decided to take the kids over to Crystal Lake Brewery for happy hour. 


We grabbed a pizza on the way home, had a little too much wine on Saturday night, binged a few episodes of Schitts Creek and went to bed.


Sunday morning, Joel went for a long morning run, so I had the kids for the first half of the morning. I snuck away for 30 minutes to run on the treadmill, and then we showered and loaded the car to head to Elmhurst to spend the day with all of my cousins.


We were home by 5, decided to grill out, listen to music, and just relax which was the perfect way to close out the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. Your parents house is so pretty from that glimpse! Crystal Lake Brewing is the spot! I’ve heard Orange Theory is really good, I’ll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete