5.01.2018

Spring in our Step

 

For the last four or so months, we have had a darling babysitter come over on Thursday's to babysit Leo. In the beginning the time had been for someone else to run and play with Leo - especially in the winter months - and it's a great chance for me to run errands without both kids. With Drew getting older, I want the sitter to be able to handle both kids so we are easing her into that. This Thursday, she spent the afternoon with just Drew, so Leo, Joel and I went out for a special date.

 

We started the afternoon with a strawberry ice cream that no joke took Leo about 40 minutes to finish. He savored every last bite.


Then we walked down to watch all of the commuter trains come into the station, and then finally decided to order dinner at Duke's and grab a beer while we waited. 

It was such a treat - for all of us really. 

The whole weekend was pretty low key - because we had one major goal: stain the deck.

Friday night, I cooked my favorite CrockPot Cashew Chicken, and we ended up watching 27 Dresses.


Saturday, we all went for a long run (I'm up to about 3.5 miles), and then spent the rest of the day staining the deck. Thankfully we had Joel's dad to help us out, because it was such tedious work. Between the three of us, it took 6 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday, but we're done and it looks GREAT! 


 I've got a new couch and table ready, am on the prowl for a new rug, and we can't wait to start using it! 

After our work on Sunday, we met up with my parents at the country club, had a glass of wine outside, and then had a great dinner together. Now that Drew is getting a little older, it's actually pretty fun to have her up and about and joining us at dinner. 

 
 
 


Monday was my sister Hannah's birthday, so my mom and I took the kids downtown to take Hannah out to lunch.

We stopped at the hotel where she is the events director - The Robey - and spent an hour visiting with her co-workers and taking pictures.

 



We had a perfect lunch outside at Big Star - the perfect spot to celebrate a birthday and an 80 degree Monday! 
 

After lunch we burned some energy at the park, took a walk and then headed home. 

It's been lovely around these parts with the arrival of spring and we are just LOVING it.

NYMM’s ♛ collection! http://www.pinterest.com/nyminutemag/

6 comments:

  1. What a fun time celebrating your sister! The deck looks great! Definitely worth all that hard work, and yay that spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this sounds so fun! Love that you and Joel took Leo on a date, you know he felt special! 40 minutes for ice cream hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind sharing your Cashew Chicken recipe? I've noticed other recipes that use "cubed" chicken but I see yours is shredded - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary - I use this recipe: http://teatimetess.blogspot.com/2017/07/crockpot-cashew-chicken.html

    Instead of cubing the chicken, which I've done before, lately I've just been using chicken breast. I'll leave them in the crocpot all day and then they shred very easily. Otherwise - no changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What color did you use to stain your deck? We need to do ours too!

    ReplyDelete