10.19.2010

Greenville



Add Image
Greenville, South Carolina is like the perfect mini-city. Everything was picture perfect - cobblestone streets, trees with white lights all year round, historic buildings, sidewalk cafe's, old candy stores. It reminded me of the southern version of Star's Hallow (*gilmore girl reference...anyone, anyone??).

We flew in Thursday so the boys could catch the bachelor party just in time. It left me all by my lonesome, so when we got to the hotel at 11pm, after a full day of work and travel, I changed right into my comfy pajamas, called room service to have them bring me up their biggest glass of cabernet, and melted into the fluffy bed with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. PERFECTION.

Friday, we explored the city and popped into all of the cute shops downtown, including a dog bakery. All of those goodies are dog treats, I mean, how stinkin' cute!

The weather was just about perfect the whole weekend. No clouds in the sky, and a breezy 75 degrees.

Friday night a few friends met Joel and I for a fabulous dinner at Larkin's on the River. If you are ever in Greenville it is a must go.

2 french martini's, a cup of crab soup, smoked salmon with a risotto cake, and some creme brulee later.....I was pretty much rolled out to meet our friends.

There was a cupcake/cocktail hour after the rehearsal dinner on Friday where we were able to met up with the wedding party, bride and groom, and everyone else that had flown in.

This group has been friends since high school, and since I've dated Joel they've made me part of their tight knit circle. I couldn't be more blessed to call them some of my best friends.

Saturday was wedding day! We took a 2 hour bus ride up the mountains in North Carolina which ride was not a pleasant one.

A tour bus + narrow mountain roads = TessShouldHaveTakenDramamine

...but we got to the top, walked into a tiny chapel without walls, and were presented with this view:
Completely worth the drive. And this picture doesn't even do it justice.

Kathy was the most stunning bride and the entire ceremony was beautiful and touching. Of course, I couldn't stop the water works.



We had a great time and danced the night away. It was the most perfect mini-vacay I've had in a long time.




And now it's back to the real world. I would tell you all about what the real world has in store for me this week (laundry,cleaning,errands,shopping,party planning, etc) but Joel needs to pick his fantasy basketball team.

So with that - Cheers!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment