10.12.2010

thankful

Even though I stayed home from work today with an ugly cold, I wanted to take a second and think about what I'm thankful for. It is really easy to notice the annoying, negative things in the day to day life, but the more you focus on the bad, the worse things get. Don't fret - the same goes if you focus on the positive! That's the cool part, the more you give thanks for all of your daily blessings, the more you notice all of the good things that fill our days.


1. I am SO thankful for the good health that I have and that my loved ones have. This is by far my number one blessing right now. I am so blessed to have all of myself, my family members, friends, and Joel, healthy and kicking.

2. I am thankful that Joel is going to stop at Einstein's Bagels on the way home from work to pick me up some soup.

3. I am thankful that I finished my book today from the comfort of my couch. By Invitation Only was a really cute, Hampton's based book and I would highly recommend it - especially good for a honeymoon beach read!

4. [with the book theme...] I am thankful that I was able to order new books from Amazon, and got 2 books for $16.00 buckaroos!

5. I am thankful that I was able to stay home from work today. I am really thankful that my boss is totally understanding and encouraged me to rest up. I am also thankful that staying home has allowed me to feel better and made me to see that I really like work. I missed being at the office today, which is a great realization.

6. I am thankful for the people in my life that checked in on me today. I have really great friends.

7. I am thankful that we get to go to South Carolina this weekend. I am so excited to travel, tackle a new city, and be with friends.

8. I am thankful that I found a dress in my closet that I can wear to the wedding and don't have to buy a new one.

9. I am thankful that I have DVR. This morning I really wanted to catch Hoda and Kathy Lee but I couldn't keep my eyes open. dvr to the rescue.

10. I am thankful that I bought kleenx last time I went to the grocery store.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment